New to MyfitnessPal (need friends) :)

Options
Hey you guys. Well, I can't say that I am new to MFP, but I can say that I am new to the community section. It's been a month since I last joined, and in all seriousness I didn't take much emphasis in partaking in community like interactions until recently. It boosts my motivation and confidence, and I like seeing how we all are working as a team in attaining our desired body- be it by gaining weight, or losing weight.

I would like to get to know each and everyone of you. I guess you can say that I am an extrovert

Nevertheless, my name is Aron Kishore, I am 18 years old and I am an Incoming College Freshman. I was supposed to attend UC Davis in the fall but I gave up on that goal for 2 reasons- 1 I felt like as if I would've been the odd one out. I didn't want to be the only 330+ lb freshman, and also I wasn't ready for the college level rigor. Though I graduated high school with a 4.29 gpa, and took 7 Ap classes my senior year I wasn't ready. To be honest, I was ashamed of myself. My priorities have always been right, except I never took much emphasis in working out.

I was ridiculed by my relatives, but I just absorbed all the criticsm, and eventually it led me to have suicide like inclinations. Though I never really sought for suicide, I was just always contemplating if It was worth living. Yes, depression hit me really bad. I started working on october 8th, and ever since the inadequate feeling has been diminishing; which in all seriousness is what I need.

My long term goal is to be a doctor/ General surgeon and my sole intention of working out is to prove the critics that it's possible to transform both psychologically, physiologically and physically.

I am very empathetic, and I like listening to other peoples stories. I conform to peoples likings; and gradually learn from my mistakes and how I view friendship in general

Replies

• caseyt0911
    Options
    Hi Aron, nice to meet you!

My name is Casey, I'm 22 years old, and I weigh 366lbs(yikes!). We kind of have the college thing in common, except I'm not nearly as smart and I'm just now starting college at 22..lol. The reason I've waited so long is because of my weight. Everything wrong in my life is directly linked to my weight. I've always been worried about people looking at me weird, talking about me, or how embarrassing it would be to walk in class and not be able to fit in a desk or having to bump into people as I squeeze my big tail through the aisle.

I've recently started working out a little bit, and even though not much has changed I still feel a lot better about myself. I'm able to go places a little more and feel a bit less freaked out when being around people, and I've finally enrolled in college.

Hopefully this site will aid me in my goal to lose a ton of weight, and I pray it helps you as well. Good luck my friend, I look forward to our becoming athletic and buff. :)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Already your friend. :smile:
    It was nice to read some more about you Aron! Good luck with everything.........I look forward to hearing about your successes along the way.
  • BronwynNZ
    BronwynNZ Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I went through depression while at uni (college) between the ages of 18 - 23. Eating right and exercise helped, but what I did miss was the support from family and friends. Love MFP for all the support you get.
  • doylenic
    Options
    Hi

You are all more than welcome to add me. I'm Nic live at the other side of the world and battle with my eating.

I am trying to get a hold on this for good. I have good days and bad although feeling very upbeat just now. I had a bad day yesterday however when you put it in context I was only 200 callories over and actually still only ate 1500 which will still give me a loss but none the less I beat myself up!

I need all the encoragment in the world and happy to give some as well :)
  • amymalloch
    Options
    Hi Aron,

I am similar to you in that I just became involved in the community section of MFP. I've struggled with weight issues pretty much my whole life and it can definitely lead to depression. I sometimes feel that my weight determines my happiness, which I've come to the realization that it shouldn't....there is too much in life to be thankful for, and with effort and motivation, weight will change. I wish you all the success in the world!