body aesthetics

Options
Hey, was wondering if where is a group of people who are fit and are interested in body aesthetics? Kinda looking for buddies to share knowledge and nutrition advice. :)

Replies

• minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if that seems like a really stupid question, but what do you mean with being into "aesthetics"?

The only reason I'm asking is because it just seems so subjective? I'd like to think there is probably huge variation in what men and women perceive to be attractive or aesthetically pleasing? :ohwell:
  • minuz5
    Options
    I'm sorry if that seems like a really stupid question, but what do you mean with being into "aesthetics"?

The only reason I'm asking is because it just seems so subjective? I'd like to think there is probably huge variation in what men and women perceive to be attractive or aesthetically pleasing? :ohwell:

Huge variation? Maybe, though when I am speaking about body aesthetics I am referring to well defined body with low body fat percentage. I guess I should have said that in the post :D
  • CollieFit
    Options

Huge variation? Maybe, though when I am speaking about body aesthetics I am referring to well defined body with low body fat percentage. I guess I should have said that in the post :D

Ok but even defined like that "aestetically pleasing" is very much in the eye of the beholder.

As an example, my OH is 6 foot tall but only weighs 145lb. His body fat percentage is 11% and he's something like 57% lean mass. He's a typical endurance athlete shape because he's a distance fell runner. Some people might say that they don't find this attractive because despite the above stats he's not "buff" or bulky in the slightest -- basically he has a look that, on this forum at least (judging my all the selfies taken by the bicep-kissers), is not one that many men would be gunning for.

Likewise there are women on this forum who have washboard abs and 12% body fat, but it's not a look that every woman would chose for herself.
  • minuz5
    Options
    ok, when I say aesthetics I am imagining something like this
    kirill+chayka+greek+god+body+-+lifting+sets+to+boost+growth.jpg
  • CollieFit
    Options
    You see I find that hideous rather than aesthetic, but each to their own. LOL
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    In
  • minuz5
    Options
    In

cool, do you know if there is a group or something? :O