How many calories do you eat a day?

Options
Hi, I'm interested to know how many calories everyone eats a day to LOOSE WEIGHT.

I'm 5'3
260lbs
Female
I eat no more than 1,200 calories a day and I don't feel hungry.
+ I work out 1 hour of cardio 4/5 days a week. (I don't eat back my work out calories either)

What is everyone else doing? AND are you loosing weight eating that many calories?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what anyone else is eating. You're under eating and whether you feel hungry is irrelevant. I'm 5'2" and maintain 115 lb eating 1500 a day or more at 56 yrs old. You LOSE, weight by the way, which in turn may make your clothes LOOSE.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories at 180lbs.
    Increased to 1450 when I came to a plateau.
    Yes, I'm still losing weight. :)
    I'm at 150lbs now, 5'2".

I work out 5x/wk and I do eat back at least half of my workout calories.
    This is important. You need to net 1200 cals per day at least while working out. Eat more.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Happily doing a slow cut on a net of 2400 calories a day (which means a total of up to 4000 calories a day). I'm 5'8.5", currently sitting at 164.4 lbs.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    You do realize that what other people are doing will offer very little meaningful information about what you should be doing, right?
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8" im currently maintaining my weight and eating 2800 callories a day. so I start to loose weight at anything below 2800. Id do cardio 3 times a week (running 2.5 miles) and lift 5 days a week.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter what anyone else is eating. You're under eating and whether you feel hungry is irrelevant. .

^This. Look in to how your hormones will "help" you not feel hungry when you restrict calories too low. Your body needs to be fueled - especially for your training. Do it or don't - it's your health.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You do realize that what other people are doing will offer very little meaningful information about what you should be doing, right?

This.

And what is the point of posting this? I honestly don't mean to be rude (because I can be), but are you trying to tell people how awesome you are because you hardly eat anything? Are you proud of this? You know it's not sustainable, right?
  • blably
    blably Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    first and most important thing is you should start eating. i wont say more but you should start eating, cause 1200 is nothing, and all that will do is **** up your etabolism.

i eat at around 1800net, that means on some days i eat up to 3000+...and im losing yes
  • rhianjones67
    Options
    I'm doing the same:)
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    my wife is under 4' 11'', a very small women, and she eats more then you.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

This.

And what is the point of posting this? I honestly don't mean to be rude (because I can be), but are you trying to tell people how awesome you are because you hardly eat anything? Are you proud of this? You know it's not sustainable, right?

And, this.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3" also
    currently 137 lbs
    and eat at 1500
    I think I could eat like this for the rest of my life! am a few pounds off maintenance and will have to see what I can eat at to stay the same - I'm guessing around 1700 :) - yippee!

p.s I should have said I am a very active person (my days only half way through and I've 10000 steps done already and this is an average day)

p.p.s I mostly lose 1/2lb/week :) (which is spot on as I'm so near goal)
  • RebeccaBecca26
    Options

Of course. I am just interested in what others are doing. I find it interesting to see how everyone does something different but we can all have success.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I eat 1700 calories a day, give or take sometimes.
    I work out 6 days a week for about an hour each day (except for my long run which is between 90-120 minutes)
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm interested to know how many calories everyone eats a day to LOOSE WEIGHT.

I'm 5'3
    260lbs
    Female
    I eat no more than 1,200 calories a day and I don't feel hungry.
    + I work out 1 hour of cardio 4/5 days a week. (I don't eat back my work out calories either)

What is everyone else doing? AND are you loosing weight eating that many calories?

A person the same height and weight might not require the same amount of calories per day as each other. There are lots of factors that come into play... seriously everyone eats 1200 calories for some reason... I'm still losing and eat around 2300 calories a day ...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options

Of course. I am just interested in what others are doing. I find it interesting to see how everyone does something different but we can all have success.

You report back to us in a couple of months on your success. We'll all be waiting.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Good. I can't say I'm not skeptical, but...

I net ~2100 cals.
  • rdsalem88
    rdsalem88 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    [redacted]
  • CHRISTTY33
    Options
    I started at 1200 calories at 180lbs.
    Increased to 1450 when I came to a plateau.
    Yes, I'm still losing weight. :)
    I'm at 150lbs now, 5'2".

I work out 5x/wk and I do eat back at least half of my workout calories.
    This is important. You need to net 1200 cals per day at least while working out. Eat more.

If you don't Mind me asking? How long it it take to lose those 30lbs eating 1200 calories a day. I'm on the same plan, same weight and goal.
  • RebeccaBecca26
    Options

This.

Well no, MFP said 1,200 is what would be good for me to eat. Also, I feel like I do eat a good amount.
    Like for breakfast I had 2 fried eggs....and a buttered Thomas Muffin...

Lunch Ill have a tuna/mayo sando
    and dinner a huge salad and LOTS AND LOTS of chicken.... Now thats a decent amount of food- and If I get hungry I will still have more.

To your question: The point of posting this is to see out of curiosity what others are eating. Thats all. Thank You for responding though.