Abs-So-Tightly Right 24-Day Challenge Reps?

Options
On the Abs-So-Tightly Right Challenge, as the days increase, the amount of reps increase. Can you do sets of the reps? Or are they supposed to be done in one shot? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I just checked this.

My advise is to exercise all parts of your body on different workout days

eat a deficit to ensure weight loss. Meet your macros. Increase your protein and lift weights.

My experience is: Crunches are a waste of time.
  • Coachcritty
    Coachcritty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think you should do these exercises at your current level of fitness. If you can't do 120 crunches at the time, then break them into reps. My personal opinion is that if you can do 120 crunches at once, you probably aren't doing them correctly.

As for crunches...they aren't going to give you flat abs independent of cutting your carb and sugar intake. They will; however, help to improve your posture and increase your core strength (which has TONS of benefits). They also help to rid you of those pesky love handles if you do exercises to work your obliques. Make sure that you have the flat of your back pressed into the floor throughout your crunch to maximize your workout. To do this, think about pressing your bellybutton toward the floor. Hold your abs in that position throughout the crunches and especially during the leg raises.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising, when I did exercises that included me laying on the floor, it really irritated my GERD. I was hoping that after losing some of the weight I could do them. Three days in, and I was up 3 hours early this morning and in pain. I think I am going to find some standing core/ab exercises. :(

The good part - it isn't letting me give up - just changing my thought process.