New to MyFitnessPal, looking for help in the second half!

Options
I signed up to myfitnesspal over a year ago apparently... cant recall that but it does seem likely as I've been trying to shift weight for a while.

Anyway, I instead signed up for another well known weekly meeting based system and managed to lose nearly two stone- or 28lbs- (in two separate spells).

I have recently decided that my habits are now good enough that I can attempt to become less reliant on a stranger weighing me in front of other strangers and charging me £25 a month for the pleasure!

So here I am, determined to keep tracking my foods and exercise with a view to achieving my goal total weight loss of 3 stone and 7 lbs (49lbs). (so just over 1.5 stone - or 21lbs- to go...).

Oh, and my ever understanding girlfriend has agreed to witness my own personally weekly weigh ins so I can't cheat or live in denial if I have a bad week!

Hope everyone is well and I look forward to participating in the forums!

Replies

• Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree with you about being weighed in front of strangers. That didn't work for me either. This journey is about becoming friends with your body, not enemies. I can weigh myself and track my own calories just fine and I promise you the more you use this place you will ask yourself why you spent all the money before. Make sure you download the app for your mobile phone. It helps me stay accountable all day long. This has been the best. Best of luck to you! You WILL do this. :flowerforyou:
  • superjim1985
    Options
    Yeah, I have been finding more and more that I know my own body better than anyone, certainly better than strangers. I was finding a lot of what I was being told in meetings either inapplicable to me or just flat out wrong.

I've been really impressed by the site and the app so far, I looked at it ages ago but it seems to have improved a lot since then.

Thanks for your message, and good luck to you too, We WILL do this! :happy: