What's the best alcoholic drink to have while trying to lose

Options
2»

Replies

• hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My favorite is this clear drink consisting of hydrogen hydroxide instead of ethanol. It's a lot better for you (0 calories!), but can still give you a nice buzz when you go for a run, bicycling, etc. :smile:
  • donnadonut
    Options
    The classic Bloody Mary is only 150 calories or you could do a Naz and get a Mojito at 160!! :) niiice
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I really like the mgd 64 beer or there is also bud 55. Either are good if you are looking for beer. Also instead of rum and coke use diet coke.

The only problem with those two light beers is that the way they get the calories down is by having a lower alcohol content. So basically if you want it for the taste, it's perfect, but if you're want to get anything of a buzz, you end up having to drink twice as many as you normally would. Like a regular light beer is usually around 5% or 6% alcohol, whereas those two are about 2.5% alcohol.

yea! I noticed that! When I drink Sam Adams, I get pretty buzzed, Bud Light Lime, will take a 6 pack! Its like water
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Am meeting some friends in London and will be having a few drinks but wondering what is the best to have while not trying to damage my daily intakes.

Thanks

Mat

Bacardi and Diet!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Vodka Diet coke... i swear by it!!
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Sounds good to me.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options

Sounds good to me.

Its a good shout.. have a couple of singles to start with.. you wont be too trollied.. but it will give u that buzz from booze! xx
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    As a dude I doubt he would want to have anything to do with vodka and Crystal Light packets. LOL

I would stick to the good stuff, Grey Goose and club soda with a lime. Very "manly" and only 70 calories a drink.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    My favorite is this clear drink consisting of hydrogen hydroxide instead of ethanol. It's a lot better for you (0 calories!), but can still give you a nice buzz when you go for a run, bicycling, etc. :smile:

Funny! :laugh:
    Thats usually my drink of choice at bars. Its what I will be hanging tight to on my pub crawl this weekend!
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    The classic Bloody Mary is only 150 calories or you could do a Naz and get a Mojito at 160!! :) niiice

Bloody Mary.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :love:
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Alchohol in and of itself isn't horrible for you. There are two huge issues, however. The first is mixers, which was mentioned. The second is BAR FOOD. I know for me, when I'm buzzed I'd eat an intire fried cow if it was sitting in front of me. Anything and everything is game, which is why I eat before I go to the bar, then stay below the buzzed line. I had 3 beers the other night, but because I ate before I went I never got buzzed, so I wasn't tempted to eat anything while I was there.
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    Jack Daniels & Diet Coke yum!! it's like 69 or 65 calories in total =D
  • thanatos
    thanatos Posts: 29
    Options
    Honestly the best thing is vodka water. A friend turned me onto it. I know it sounds stupid, but if you get a good quality vodka and toss a lime in there, its quite tasty. Vodka has the least amount of calories of all the liqour (albeit by a small margin). Plus the water you get in ever drink keeps you hydrated.

I used to drink rum and diets all the time and I still do from time to time. If you're going to have a drink or two, that's fine. But for me personally if I'm going out to have a good time and am going to have more than a couple, I'd rather avoid all that artificial crap and stick to vodka water.

Try it out and see if you like it!
  • m00nflowet
    Options
    My favorite are Mojito and Cosmo both are pretty low cal. I'm not a big fan of artifical sweetners ( i dont like the diet taste) but some might use the crystal light for the cranberry in the Cosmo.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I may well try the vodka water & lime. Sounds refreshing unlike vodka and diet coke which I had 3 of today and tasted nasty. Flat, watery syrupy and with the taste of cheapo Smirnoff vodka. Best find me a pub tomorrow in London that sells GOOD vodka.
  • orangegalt
    Options
    for drinks listed by their alcohol content to calorie ratio, check out getdrunknotfat.com

i find that liquor of choice + seltzer water or diet tonic is the best