For Disabled People

Options
What kind of exercise do you do? I use the hand bike at my gym for an hour 3-5 times a week. I also play sledge hockey once a week.

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I lift weights for every part that I can still lift for with a big back problem (so I have to avoid things that use the upper back/neck, including lots of arm movements). I also have to watch my joints and tendons because of a hypermobility condition, so I do yoga over cardio for my typical exercise other than lifting. I have to modify (or skip) some poses and wear a neck brace, but that's cool.

Then for cardio, I still do the dancing I love, but I just can't do it for long without aggravating my conditions. So I do a little :)

Basically I modify a lot, skip some things altogether, and do other things for a shorter period of time than regular folks. Oh, and wear support braces various places, depending on what I'm doing. But it all adds up nicely to something that still keeps me fit, and my pain doc is really happy with me :)

I loooove hockey, btw. I always wanted to play, but girls couldn't anyway where I grew up. I'm in the south, so we aren't big ice rink folks.