40-30-30 Diet Calculator

beMyself
beMyself Posts: 29
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
One thing that I wish this site had was a way to make sure I was eating the right amount of Protein Carbohydrate and fats.

For example, If I am eating 1600 calories and I have a personal goal of wanting to eat 30% protein, there's no way to keep track of that.

I recenly ran across some information that stresses how important fruits and vegetables are because we burn calories digesting them...but we also burn calories digesting proteins. There are many health benefits to eating a diet that is 30% protein, it is part of the reason Atkins works (though that is more extreme and not what I'm pushing.) The point is, I have found a way to compute it. Just put in the amount of calories you are eating per day and it will tell you how many of those calories are 40% carb 30% fat 30% protein and then how many grams you are allowed in that carb allowance before you go over 40%, etc. And how many grams you are allowed in that protein allowance before you go over 30%, etc.

Here's the link. http://walking.about.com/cs/calories/l/bldietcalc.htm

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    When you set your goals for protein, fat & carbs you adjust those percentages.... so, if you reach your calories goals for protein everyday, then you know you are eating at 30% protein. But, I do agree that it would be nice to see the percentages for each meal.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    The webpage already suggests and tracks proteins and the amounts per day are adjustable
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    You can go in & change your goals to be whatever you want them to be. You can make it 40/40/20, 50/30/20...whatever you want. I have mine set at 45/30/25 right now. Maybe that's not what you're saying.....?
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    You can adjust it to your own personal preferences.. just go:

My Home - Goals - Change Goals - Custom
  • beMyself
    beMyself Posts: 29
    I'm looking for the settings right now. I haven't been there in a long time LOL
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    What others said. I think I have mine set at 50-30-20 right now because I'm trying to reduce my carb intake (or maybe 40-40-20....not sure).
This discussion has been closed.