Looking for accountability

Options
_KitKat_
_KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
Hmm...never know how to start these things.
I am 36 yrs old a wife and mom, that is finally taking care of herself instead of everybody else (well "also" instead of "instead")
My husband and I joined our local gym and have been loving it. I need to tone and lose almost 50lbs and well he needs to tone (a little):ohwell: . I am looking for other woman that not only want to drop the pounds but are most interested in fat% and size. My routine at the gym is 20 interval on the elliptical, 30 mins target through resistance and weights (heavier weights, lower reps), 30 min circuit and then back on cardio (elliptical, arc, treadmill) for 10 minutes (set by the trainer). My husband and I do this every M,W,Th and on Sundays we do the same except for the circuit. As for diet, my issues are not the standard, when I started to gain weight I had many tests done, and I am healthy but according to my doctor I do not eat enough and was not active. With the help of this app I have got to see how little I normally eat (slightly confused on how I lived with such low calorie intake and gained near 50 lbs). I have now been targeting my calories to be in the mid 1400's and trying to up my protein. I am also interested in men's input for sculpting. My goal is a big one and I do not believe I will reach it quickly. I do not just want to drop weight, being a chubby girl in a skinny body has no appeal to me, Lean, fit, strong with great curves is what my ultimate goal is...and rocking my daughters skinny jeans better than she does lol...:wink:
Looking for friends, I am on most days and log daily ( i log my meals ahead of time (mostly) to plan my intake), if interested let me know. Thanks

Profile pic is from 3 yrs ago. 140lbs size 6 my goal is 125lbs and tone size 4/5

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :). I am also losing to tone and look fit by eating healthy and bumping up my workouts. My first little mini-goal is to lose 15 lbs by Valentines Day where my husband and I have a trip planned.
  • _KitKat_
    Options
    Nice to meet you and great goal, I need to make some smaller goals for myself but have no idea where to start :ohwell:
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to tone up mostly but I need to lose weight also... I don't do gyms but I do do work out hard core... right now I'm running 3-4 miles a day and starting Insanity back up... I'm looking to lose at least 15lbs by my birthday in march if not more... I'll send you a friend request..
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I find I get bored easily so I do better if I have short term goals. I used to be able to drop it pretty quickly when I set my mind to it. But this year has been a bust. I've already gone up since last year so I'm hoping by having a goal through the holidays I will not just keep going up and then struggling to lose it all within a short timeframe.

I'm going to start weight lifting and incorporating running and some Insanity dvd's on Monday the 4th. I've downloaded two apps to my Iphone to help keep track.
  • _KitKat_
    Options
    I'm wanting to tone up mostly but I need to lose weight also... I don't do gyms but I do do work out hard core... right now I'm running 3-4 miles a day and starting Insanity back up... I'm looking to lose at least 15lbs by my birthday in march if not more... I'll send you a friend request..

I wish I could work out at home too. I find I lack motivation and get bored at home. At the gym, I get to get a break from the kids, spend time with the hubby and there are many things to do. I am also competitive, so when my fit hubby is going, i can't quit lol. I do love a hard workout and am amazed at my energy levels since starting. I also enjoy watching my speed on the cardio machines increase without noticing the difference. The one draw back to the weight lifting is, doing bicep curls yesterday, my husband looked at me and said "don't tell me things are too heavy for you again, i think you can get them" ...note to self lower weights when the husband is standing there lol
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love working out at home... I didn't use to like it at all but my kids get to watch mommy work out which makes them want to work out also... plus with my husband working so many hours they know I'm home at night even if I am working out... I get two tuesday a week for me which really is for my kids. I"m a girl scout troop leader and also help with other things for girl scouts so my tuesday night are my adult meetings... other then that I'm with my girls and try to spend much needed time with my husband... I hope he will start to work out again soon.. Once I finish Insanity I may start lifting... well I hope to anyways
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    My routine at the gym is 20 interval on the elliptical, 30 mins target through resistance and weights (heavier weights, lower reps), 30 min circuit and then back on cardio (elliptical, arc, treadmill) for 10 minutes (set by the trainer). My husband and I do this every M,W,Th and on Sundays we do the same except for the circuit.

I am also interested in men's input for sculpting.

60-min weights and 30 minutes cardio instead of the 60minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights you're currently scheduled to do... If you're doing heavier weights with lower reps you wont get more than 10-15 sets in in 30 minutes. Add in some mobility drills and warmup sets and you could be doing even less than that. I;d probably just cut out the circuit work and dedicate it to lifting. Or maybe do 45 heavy and 15 circuit.
  • skinnymommy2014
    Options
    I am absolutely at ROCK BOTTOM with weight gain. The past two years I have yo yo'd up and down 25 pounds like three times with the master cleanse and Medifast!
    I get very serious for a few months and them abandon ship! This fall I can't seem to get back on my serious fitness plan again because I am afraid I will give up again. My weight has skyrocketed!!! I have 70 pounds to lose with three boys at home ages 5 and two year old twins! I work full time and I am just keeping my head above water. I need motivation and stamina. I am really tired of feeling tired and heavy. None of my clothes fit me!!!! I hope I can muster up the courage to start again soon. I have been a size 7 and now I'm squeezing into a size 16! I'm 43 and my body is just a mess. At least I'm hear flirting with what come's next right? I just have to commit to a plan soon. Any suggestions?
  • _KitKat_
    Options
    60-min weights and 30 minutes cardio instead of the 60minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights you're currently scheduled to do... If you're doing heavier weights with lower reps you wont get more than 10-15 sets in in 30 minutes. Add in some mobility drills and warmup sets and you could be doing even less than that. I;d probably just cut out the circuit work and dedicate it to lifting. Or maybe do 45 heavy and 15 circuit.

I would love to cut some cardio, lol. What are mobility drills? Also if I drop the circuit and do the weights instead will I still burn the calories needed or do I need to decrease my calorie intake? I try to do the weight training with my heart rate elevated by the cardio, when I target through my rests are minimal and still trying to figure out my reps/sets. Yesterday I tried doing 12/10/8 sets and that allowed me to keep with a heavier weight. I have been reading and not sure if I need to go heavier and lower my reps to the 6-10 range. Any advice is appreciated.