Looking for a Weight Loss/Fitness Buddy in the Boston area

Options
Hi all,

My name is Lindsay, and I'm a 27-year old woman looking for a weight loss/fitness buddy in the Boston area, specifically Somerville.

About My Goals:
In the last 5-6 years, I have gained over 100lbs, very likely due to medication changes. I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but I probably weigh around 270lbs (I am 5'8"). I would like to lose 100 lbs or more, but more importantly, I would like to develop healthy eating and exercise habits.

What I'm Looking For in a Buddy:
I would like to find someone to attend classes with (maybe dance! yoga, aerobics, zumba...something fun!), to chat with about food and fitness goals, and generally just get motivated together!

About Me:
I live just outside of Davis Square in Somerville with my long-term boyfriend and our snuggly cat. By day, I work at Boston University as an Office Manager, and in my free time I perform in and direct fringe theatre. I like to sing, act, read plays, watch Netflix, and play games of any kind.

Message me if you're interested in meeting! :happy:

Replies

• sattikariya
    sattikariya Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Boston and looking for a weight loss/fitness buddy! I rarely use the message boards. It's always great having someone on the same boat as you
  • kaaaaylee
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Lindsay, and I'm a 27-year old woman looking for a weight loss/fitness buddy in the Boston area, specifically Somerville.

About My Goals:
    In the last 5-6 years, I have gained over 100lbs, very likely due to medication changes. I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but I probably weigh around 270lbs (I am 5'8"). I would like to lose 100 lbs or more, but more importantly, I would like to develop healthy eating and exercise habits.

What I'm Looking For in a Buddy:
    I would like to find someone to attend classes with (maybe dance! yoga, aerobics, zumba...something fun!), to chat with about food and fitness goals, and generally just get motivated together!

About Me:
    I live just outside of Davis Square in Somerville with my long-term boyfriend and our snuggly cat. By day, I work at Boston University as an Office Manager, and in my free time I perform in and direct fringe theatre. I like to sing, act, read plays, watch Netflix, and play games of any kind.

Message me if you're interested in meeting! :happy:

I'm a 24 year old in Medford, and I'd love someone to do active things with on weekend, if you're still looking for weight loss buddies.
  • adrienne0906
    adrienne0906 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lindsay,

Still looking for a buddy? I JUST moved to Cambridge (Harvard Sq. area), and am currently shopping for gyms and fitness things to do in Boston! I'm also 5'8'', and have lost 40 lbs. a year and a half ago....gained some of it back, and am looking to lose those last 10-15 lbs! I, too, love snuggly cats and theater and games and Netflix : ) Message me if you're still looking for a fitness buddy!

-Adrienne
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    If you're still looking I'm actually moving to Medford still but right near somerville, near ball square.