Yoga DVD recommendations please

Options
I have one Yoga DVD and would like to buy another just to mix it up some. Any suggestions on one you really like and feel you get a good Yoga stretch with.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I stream videos from my Amazon Prime account and there are several that I like by an instructor named Kanta Barrios.

Not sure how *legit* they are or not, but I get a good stretch and I've noticed an increase in my flexibility.
  • YogaFitnessGuru
    Options
    In general, yoga practices divert neural signals away from the sympathetic system, which is known to control adrenaline.You can also visit about Yoga poses.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    The biggest loser yoga is good, gaima yoga is another one i think Jillian Michaels yoga is good so i have heard i have the first 2 i mentioned
  • kamyers1289
    kamyers1289 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown is not yoga, it just says yoga in the title.

:)

Anyway, youtube has a million yoga videos. Sadie Nardini was my favorite, but I've been practicing for a while now and just practice without any video or direction.
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My favorite DVD teacher by far is Rodney Yee. A ton of his DVDs are on Amazon. Good luck!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I mostly make up my own now, but I really recommend Yoga Journal's own DVDs. Yoga for Flexibility with Patricia Walden is wonderful, if a little advanced.

A very nice, quick 10-minute stretch is included on Lara Hudson's '10 Minute Solutions: Yoga' and the other 10-min segments are nice Vinyasa work that's well done.

A DVD that isn't traditional yoga but includes a lot of asanas is Janis Saffell's Dynamic Stretch. It's fast, but still stretching, and it's actually one I pop in again and again. The floorwork is about 25 minutes, I think? It reminds me of dance stretches mixed with yoga and a bit of Pilates stretching. You get a lot stretched in a short time, whereas most yoga holds each stretch longer. It's nice if you don't have the time for an hour of yoga, like before or after weights.
  • YogaFitnessGuru
    Options
    The best yoga DVD for complete beginners are those which focus on light exercises as well meditation, so you can prepare yourself to eventually tackle the more strenuous poses.You can also visit about Yoga dvd http://yogafitnessguru.com/.