Someone talk me down, please!

2»

Replies

• Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Just go have fun.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    You really can't do that much damage in 4 days, especially if you are making some steps to control your intake. You may find the scale jump up when you return, but from my experience it will just be increased water weight from changing your eating habits. Don't freak out, get back on plan and it should disappear in about 5 days.

Enjoy your vacation!
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    To gain 7lb of fat in 4 days, you'd have to eat 6,000 ish calories over your TDEE on each day you're there.

So just don't do that, k? :wink: :bigsmile:

Have a fab time. x
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    The thing is you are adopting new habits that follow you everywhere you go. Sure, you might go over your calorie goal sometimes while on vacation, but SF has hills and streets for plenty of walking. Just make good food choices and log everything you eat. When we go on vacation, we take snacks and plan meals.

I hope you have a wonderful time!
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    I'm from SF, and there are a lot of healthy options here. A TON of organic places (if you're into that sort of thing) and localvore stuff, if you're in the city. I can't vouch for Bolinas, though. ;)
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Thanks all! We'll have the beach house for a couple of days, so I can probably buy some food that will allow me to control my intake while enjoying myself when we go out. When I'm in the city, I'll have to find some cool places to eat. The only thing I'll have to worry about is getting my mom and aunt to join me! ;-)

Thanks again, for your words of wisdom, everyone!