Some personal success tonight

Options
anti
anti Posts: 20 Member
Quite happy tonight because:

1) I was surprised to find that I've lost my first kilo! I've been doing static bike for 3 weeks as well as couch-to-5k podrunner intervals (this was my first day on week 2), and was cheesed off because hadn't lost any weight, despite all the discomfort and pain I was putting myself through. I think I was probably going to give up next week if I hadn't lost weight by then.

2) I think I finally found a stretch that prevented my awful shin-splint pain, and managed to go the 3km tonight without any hurting. What a difference! For the first time I can actually see how someone might enjoy running, if all you're fighting is a 'healthy' muscular burning sensation and tiredness, instead of searing, agonising, stabbing pain with each step! Without the shin-splints, I'm actually looking forward to my intervals tomorrow.

EDIT: Just to add, if anyone reads this and hates walking/running like I do (did?), give the free 'pod runner' series a try. It makes a big difference.

Come on fish.. swim damn you!
(It says 3kilos because I lost two through changing my eating habits in July, before I started exercising)

Replies

• Lauris83
    Lauris83 Posts: 58
    Options
    yeah I hate running and it still hurts like hell when I try so thanks for that, you give me hope! hehe