Burning 1,000 calories on bike everyday now, eating help!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    The rule of thumb is that going X miles on a stationary bike will burn half the calories of going X miles on a road bike. Ballpark, that's around 25-30 calories/mile.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Completely, utterly, unequivocally disagree. 90 minutes of daily exercise is only "a lot" because we have gotten so lazy. Real athletes do 3x that much, there is no reason at all why I normal person should burn out on 90 minutes a day.
    Yeah, lots of real athletes are 44 years old and have always been overweight.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Completely, utterly, unequivocally disagree. 90 minutes of daily exercise is only "a lot" because we have gotten so lazy. Real athletes do 3x that much, there is no reason at all why I normal person should burn out on 90 minutes a day.
    Yeah, lots of real athletes are 44 years old and have always been overweight.

Right.

That's why the dots were connected between "normal" people and 90 minutes, while athletes were connected with 3x as much.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    The rule of thumb is that going X miles on a stationary bike will burn half the calories of going X miles on a road bike. Ballpark, that's around 25-30 calories/mile.

Thanks for this .. I will use this for my calories.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    There's no reason for you to be biking for 85 minutes a day. This is setting yourself up for failure. It's not a realistic exercise regime. People who work out at high intensities like this, will eventually "poop out." And you'll end up with even more problems.

In my 90 minutes this morning, I rode 40km.

It's really not that big a deal once you get in some kind of shape.

Really?
    Real athletes? Define real and define which activity you are on about here.

Now then, let me see 270 mins per day for some activities is too much, for other activities it is easy-peasy. Depends on which activity you are doing really.

Try not to put everybody into tiny little boxes, it tends to restrict the spirit.