Unable to eat back calories

Options
I work out at work usually between 3 or 4 pm. By the time I get home it's 5:30 and we usually eat dinner no later than 6:30 but usually around 5:45. There are nights I do not get hungry again after eating dinner. If I do it is usually way after 7 pm. Should I still eat my calories back if its after 7pm, or can I go without it and will it affect me? I currently have like 335 calories left since I worked out earlier today. I am so confused!

Replies

• gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I eat until I go to bed, so for you to have another snack would be fine.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Eating at nighttime is fine. Also if you know about how many you're going to burn you can eat some earlier in the day
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1) You can eat your calories at any time with no adverse affect. Meal timing is irrelevant.

2) If you have a hard time making up for a big burn at the end of the day, try eating more earlier. It'll balance out.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    1) You can eat your calories at any time with no adverse affect. Meal timing is irrelevant.

2) If you have a hard time making up for a big burn at the end of the day, try eating more earlier. It'll balance out.

To add - focus on balancing out the week. If you can't consume it all today, be prepared to make it up the next day or so.
  • Yari12
    Yari12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I guess I should try to eat earlier like you guys said. However, I don't get that hungry and I have to force myself to snack but I am getting there.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I guess I should try to eat earlier like you guys said. However, I don't get that hungry and I have to force myself to snack but I am getting there.

Personally, I think it's important to learn how to eat enough now. It will help you a lot when you reach your goal and transition to maintenance. Add some higher calorie healthy foods like nuts, full fat dairy, cheese, avocado, olive oil, etc. It should be fairly easy to bump up each meal by 100 calories with little planning.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Meal frequency has no bearing on weight loss.... If you have the calories, then eat them... I take a 500 calories snack to bed with me every night and it has not hindered my weight loss...... Best of Luck
  • Yari12
    Yari12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! These last 3 lbs are stuck to me and wont go away. I appreciate it.