Need Extra Motivation and Cheering Up :(

Options
jujaws
jujaws Posts: 192 Member
I think my boyfriend broke up with me over a plant of all things today. Not only that, it was rough at a family dinner via text message.

There's a long list of things that go along with this...

I'm just disappointed by the same ole let downs especially when I thought I found somebody legit. It definitely throws off my diet since I really hardly eat under times like this.

I hope you all are having a better day than I. <3
How do you guys handle your breakups?

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    In the past, I would have stuffed my face.. Now? I just work out until I am too sore to give a crap. (Within healthy limits of course).

Yes, the crying comes and goes, but if it's something so stupid as a plant.. I'd have to say, you are better off :|

BIGGGG HUGGGG to you. I hope you feel better soon, if he did :(
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better soon! Try to focus all your negative feelings/emotions into your work outs, it will be incredible fuel for you!
  • simplycorey
    simplycorey Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I have my ups and downs. Sometimes I can't eat and sometimes I want to eat all the junk I can get my hands on. I try to stay focused and use exercise as a stress reliever but some days I just can't. Do your best but don't beat yourself up over a "bad" day. Keep in mind that this is only temporary and things will get better!
  • DJMIKEY1
    DJMIKEY1 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    1st off you seem to be an incredible young woman, his loss and he will realize it but by then it will be too late because you will have moved on to better things.

When I got divorced I thought my world had ended but with the help of new and old friends I got thru it.

Stay positive and focused, we all have bad days or times. If you need help ask for it, don't bottle everything up, let it out.

You have great things ahead of you in life, this is only a little pebble on the road to happiness.
  • jujaws
    Options
    I try to tell myself that I just haven't found the right one if the other person truly acts like this. I think it just gets tiring telling yourself reassuring things, and even moreso being so optimistic and having it taken away like some sort of routine.

I should definitely try to push out all these bad feelings and go on some long walks and clear my mind. I just wish all of this WASN'T temporary and I had some sort of commitment going on.

There's an awesome quote I try to go by, "Don't worry about things that are not in your control." It seems to keep me quite positive. I can control how I act in every bad situation.

Hmph..all because I called a plant ugly.....Must have been some underlying grief somewhere.

Anyway, thank you guys..all your kind words mean an awful lot to me.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Well, you are still very young. There's time for the one, and he's out there somewhere :)
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    You are cute. Seems like his loss.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    sounds like he was just looking for an excuse to break up with you. and if he had to use an excuse like that then that makes him a coward and you don't need ppl like that in your life, esp. boyfriends. it's this moment where you have to take a step back and say "Im not gonna let his issues make me feel bad about myself." Take this time to give yourself a little love. Not always easy, trust me, but you'll feel better in the long run. I'm still a little guilty of eating when I'm stressed or angry or sad (I love me some raw cookie dough), but I find other ways to let out the emotion too. I'm a big music person so i'll play or write something or just even listen to some great songs. Find something that helps you express yourself. Go out and buy yourself a bamboo plant....it's good luck I hear :tongue:
  • outlandish30
    outlandish30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Because you called a plant ugly? Well it probably was. He and his plant can have a happy life out there. (wherever out there is)
  • outlandish30
    Options
    And you know what? SCREW HIM!!!! For reals yo you don't need someone petty like that in your life. Get off the emotional merry go round
  • raaraa17
    raaraa17 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    This guy is obviously a ****, sorry.

Try to stick to your diet, so when you reach your target and are even hotter than you are now, he will be crying like the little ***** that he is!
  • outlandish30
    Options
    tumblr_lnudtxrw3o1qjwsjyo1_400.gif
  • jujaws
    Options
    Oh you ladies are a hoot! :)

I feel like this is a lot of drama for a guy to be bringing into something.

I guess we are going to go for a walk soon to talk about all of it. Wish me luck!! (at least to keep my sanity!)
  • jujaws
    Options
    spider_plant.jpg
    That is the plant, by the way!!
  • jujaws
    Options
    ...Except for it's in a TEENY pot on the window and the stupid seedlings are practically growing on the floor. Well, not anymore since the cat ate them ;).
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    i sleep a lot, but i sleep a lot in general. God I love sleep.

And good luck on your walk. Make him hurt, baby make him hurt.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    spider_plant.jpg
    That is the plant, by the way!!

OMG I kill those plants all the time. Those things are fudgin' hard to keep alive.
  • GardeningZombie
    GardeningZombie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Whoa, you were insulting a spider plant? Hmm... Ok. this gardening zombie approves. Now if you called these plants ugly.. well then I can understand the issue

kale2.jpg

c9b944.jpg

These are my current zombie loving babies that I'm still keeping in the hoop house!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it runs deeper than that ugly plant. lol Maybe he's just looking for an excuse - guys do that sometimes.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    People don't break up about plants.

But plants (and cars and tv and .. anything really) are good objects to start a fight about where you will then proceed to break up.