dilemma

isadoc
isadoc Posts: 19
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Tonight was a friend's birthday and we went out on a terrace. I ended up drinking two pints and eating nachos... not great, I know. I hadn,t had dinner yet so now I've attained my calories for the day. i'm not very hungrym, so I'm wondering: should I just not eat any more today and keeep my calorie count on target (even though I have a lot of protein, iron, calcium and fiber to go) or do I eat a small healthy snack , go above the target but eat nutritious food?
thanks
Isa

Replies

• tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    If it were me, I'd call it a night! LOL! I would just forget about food for now, otherwise you may get queasy. Start over tomorrow. Every day is a new chance to make things right!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I would drink plenty water and if I was hungry definately reach for a piece of fruit....but I wouldnt eat much more nor would I weigh in for a few days ....
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    If you do eat, eat something as healthy as you can! You can always reach your weekly deficit through eating less calories the rest of the week, or really working out hard.

One night out won't kill you!
    I keep reminding myself this. My best friend came up and we ate at Olive Garden! Even though I chose a reasonably healthy main course, their bread sticks and house salad with the dressing and croutons KILLED my day!

Hang in there!
  • isadoc
    isadoc Posts: 19
    thanks... I'm not too worried about the calories as I'm only 25 over my target, more the nutritionnal deficits... I've been drinking plenty of water -in the time we were out my friends drank twice as much as I did! I'm happy I was able to limit the damage... I also walked home! all in all, it could have been worse!
This discussion has been closed.