Tell me what I'm doing wrong and what to do fix it

Options
2»

Replies

• Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I understand the being busy bit on the weekends... would it be possible to log your calories in with the mobile phone app? I've seen many people undo a perfectly nutritious week by overdoing it on the weekends (or on "cheat days"), and that can be terribly frustrating.

I also suggest that you get a food scale as soon as you can, and use it routinely. Got mine online for around twenty dollars, and it was eye-opening to see exactly how much I was actually eating vs. what I thought I was eating when using measuring cups.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    One other thing that I'd point out is to never use items that use size as a measurement. Five large baby carrots is not very accurate - granted, the number of calories off due to inaccuracy is minor. But do this often enough and you may be looking at a larger than expected difference. As suggested, weigh everything ... including 1 cup of cottage cheese. You might be surprised.

I spend a lot of time creating my own foods or finding foods that allow me to record my quantity in grams. The food scale won't lie ... but the measuring cup or use of the words "small", "medium", and "large" will lie.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna go with not logging on the weekends. I can do splendid during the week - spot on. But a weekend can ruin any kind of weight loss if I'm not tracking. I know some people can have "cheat days" and still lose. Not this almost 35 year old.

If you don't already, get a food scale. Using measuring cups for solid things usually doesn't really give you an accurate picture.

Good luck!

AGREED! I had to change a LOT about what I do on the weekends...I did it slowly, one meal at a time till I only have a few drinks with whatever I want for dinner on Saturday night and that is IT. The rest of the weekend I am logging and exercising. I also learned that I binge eat when I drink...I found myself standing in front of the freezer with a pint of ice cream and a spoon!! It is way to easy to kill an entire weeks worth of good work with 2.5 days.