How do you know when you are at the 'perfect' weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Are you happy at your current weight? Is it a sustainable weight? Do you like how you look? Then that's probably the perfect weight FOR YOU.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options

I did get calipers with Insanity and according to those, I am 13% body fat - which is why I'll go with the 17 - sounds more realistic.
    I do have children - 2, 15 and 4 ... which were both delivered via C-section.

I had a C-section too-- the only stretch marks I have are around the incision scar--I bet the Dr. stretched the skin when he took the baby out. He should have made a bigger incision! (it was a big baby). Anyway there's a little pocket of stretched, flabby skin around the scar which I never could lose, even when I once got down to 102 lbs. If I ever get rich enough that I feel OK blowing money on such things I'll get it "fixed".

Anyhow-- if you really do only have 17% BF, you probably would be better off not losing any more fat. Frankly, women over 40 usually look better with a little fat left under the facial skin. My opinion, anyhow.

No stretch marks here- my son was #9 11oz. No one would ever see my incision - it's very low. I guess I just wonder if I even really have anymore 'fat' to lose?
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Are you happy at your current weight? Is it a sustainable weight? Do you like how you look? Then that's probably the perfect weight FOR YOU.

It must be sustainable, since I've pretty much been the same for many months! I do like how I look, but wish my thighs were a little smaller - but they are muscular,not fat - so I guess that's okay, I'd rather be muscular than skinny
  • must_deflate
    must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
    Options

It must be sustainable, since I've pretty much been the same for many months! I do like how I look, but wish my thighs were a little smaller - but they are muscular,not fat - so I guess that's okay, I'd rather be muscular than skinny

Muscular is good. :smile:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    If you're female, it's easy. Just watch men. If they check you out often, you're at your ideal weight/fitness level. If they glance at you and look away quickly, then you're probably too thin or significantly overweight. Protip: Men think we're more attractive when we aren't stick-thin. :drinker:

Or you could go by your clothes. When the clothes you like (that aren't stretchy) fit you comfortably, you're in the right weight range. :glasses:

Basically, you know you're at the perfect weight when you're looking at your life, not the number on your scale. :bigsmile:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the "perfect weight"...I'm more interested in the actual shape and body composition.
    To me that depends more on BF% and inches. I guess I'll just have to wait till I'm there. :wink:

21525558.png