Long ways to go......

Options
Hey all I am a 33 year old single mother with an active 13 year old. I have been doing the weight loss yo yo for years but recently I have found a firm grip on the need to loose weight and to get healthy for me and my daughters future. I am looking to loose over a hundred pounds, and at times it seems daunting, so I am looking for others in similar situations for support and motivation!

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Break it down to small digestible chunks. Looking at the big picture can be scary and daunting. My goal is to lose about a pound a week but I only weigh every two weeks. If I lose I am happy if not I just try harder the next two weeks. I also give myself non- weight goals like to walk 40 miles before Christmas or to eat 5 servings of vegetables a day for the whole week. These are thing that I can control. I can't really control if my body does not want to drop weight. Good luck. Healthier meals will be better for you and your daughter.
  • VAGirl2BFit
    VAGirl2BFit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had a friend of mine get two Mason Jars (remove the circle inserts in the lids) and then she got some marbles and some glue sticks. She decorated one jar to say LOST and then the other to say TO GO... As she lost a pound she would move one marble from the TO GO jar to the LOST jar. You can get this all from Michaels for under $10 or make something similar on paper. I'd say just focus on 10 pounds at a time and before you know it you'll be on your way.

Good Luck!
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like the Marble Jar idea! Very Cool!

Like Lizzy said, make you goals small and manageable. Instead of a 100lbs to lose, its lose one pound this week * 100. Set specific rewards when you reach milestones My halfway point reward was new patio furniture.

Don't beat yourself up if you miss a goal. Just become more determined.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    baby steps. i however do like to look at the big picture. thats just how i roll. but you can do this. one pound at a time and if you're lucky two pounds at a time. lol.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have lost 150-- its taken me years but I am healthier than most of my friends who have never had weight issues. Don't give up, small changes that can stick with you for a lifetime =)

let me know if you need any specific help
  • csaul777
    csaul777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    "It took more than a day to put it on, and it will take more than a day to take it off." Words to live by!
    Take it one small step at a time and set smaller goals. I started out with 110 lbs. to lose, and have lost 83 of that. If I can do it, anyone can!!