I'm new! from Washington (State)

Options
So I've been on different calorie counting websites before but I keep losing my motivation. I'm hoping this time it will be different. I need to find my motivation so I can lose the weight for good!

I'm a 25 year old from Washington State. I don't have a gym and work full time so it has been tough finding exercises that I can squeeze into my schedule. We are painting the exterior of our house so during daylight I'm trying to get as much done as I can which doesn't leave much time for exercise. Since I've been so busy lately it also doesn't leave much time to cook so I have been just making whatever is easy, which hasn't been healthy food lately.

I need a change and am ready to make the switch to a healthy lifestyle.

Replies

• loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Welcome :drinker:

Well, thats the first step over with :wink: Now you just have to start making time for your own health :smile:
    I don't go to gyms but i do have a running machine and lots of dvds that kill me!!! I find it easier to workout at home as i have a little girl who is not at school yet. My heart rate monitor is fab and lets me know when i am in the 'zone' so i dont feel i am missing anything(gaining money)by not going to the gym. I also have a bike with a seat on the back for my girl :happy: thats always fun and saves money for petrol.

Good luck with your diet and feel free to add me as a friend :smile:

Louise
    x
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    So I've been on different calorie counting websites before but I keep losing my motivation. I'm hoping this time it will be different. I need to find my motivation so I can lose the weight for good!

I'm a 25 year old from Washington State. I don't have a gym and work full time so it has been tough finding exercises that I can squeeze into my schedule. We are painting the exterior of our house so during daylight I'm trying to get as much done as I can which doesn't leave much time for exercise. Since I've been so busy lately it also doesn't leave much time to cook so I have been just making whatever is easy, which hasn't been healthy food lately.

I need a change and am ready to make the switch to a healthy lifestyle.

hi! welcome!

Yes, it can be difficult trying to fit exercise in around full time work, that's for sure.

Ironically, since I have joined this site, my whole outlook has changed - totally! I cook a lot more now that I have ever done, never thought I would say that LOL!

All the very best in your weight loss :drinker:
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    thanks for the warm welcomes! I've started doing some of the comcast on-demand exercise videos and I think I need to buy some of jillian michael's DVDs because she seriously kicks my booty and the few exercises of hers I've done have been tons of fun. Are there any awesome exercise DVDs you recommend checking out?
  • loulouBell72
    loulouBell72 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am in the UK so some of our DVDs are different but i love watching Jillian on the biggest loser :smile: . I record all the biggest loosers(USA, Australia, UK) and watch them on the treadmill. This is a great motivator for me. I have USA biggest loser on wii but i don't use it so much as i tend to use the UK biggest loser 'new year new you' dvd. This kills me though :grumble: but i really feel like i have worked after. The only problem is i still get soooooooooooooo sore from it so it sets me back for a few days. I am also a fan of old school reebok step. This is a tough workout! i do love step as it works you hard and i buzz after :laugh:
    Have you seen Jillians yoga dvd? I was thinking of getting it(for stretching days) . Let me know if you find great dvds please as i am always mixing it up so i don't get bored.

Louise
    x
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    One DVD I have that I love is Billy Blank's Tae Bo. It's tough but tons of fun and a REALLY good workout.
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    One DVD I have that I love is Billy Blank's Tae Bo. It's tough but tons of fun and a REALLY good workout.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristi, Welcome to MFP

I am a fellow Washingtonian--located in SW, near Portland. Where are you?
  • nholdorf
    nholdorf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am also new from Washington State. I just joined today and wanted to say hi to a fellow Washingtonian.:smile:

Nichole
  • nicoleh55
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too! a girl at work told me about this! I'm excited to start! good luck to you! I'm sure we will both be successful!
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    I had to jump in and say hi to all the Washingtonians and welcome Kristi. I'm also from Washington. I'm in the Thurston County area.

I wanted to second the dvd's as well as just recommend getting outside and walking/jogging. (While the weather is still good anyway...) It's always hard to start something new and even harder to stick with it! Swimming has been really great for me, too. I'm not the strongest swimmer, but the workout is incredible!
  • brzbaker
    Options
    Hello :-) I'm new to the website this month as well. I think everyone here has been so supportive and you will find the same. I always look forward to getting on the website to see who who has cheered me on for the day. You will love it! Good luck with the race!
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    Hey Weaklink- Are your profile pics Shih Tzu's? They are adorable! I have a Shih Tzu too and he's my bud. :smile:
  • kristilovescake
    Options
    I live near Tacoma now. I used to live in SW Washington and grew up in a tiny town but I've been up near Tacoma for the past few years.

I haven't had much time to actually 'exercise' lately but I agree that getting out and walking/jogging is a great idea. I've been walking during my lunch breaks but lately when I get home I have SO MUCH to do that I've just been trying to work a little extra hard when I do housework and other work on the house or finding other ways to 'squeeze' some exercise in to whatever I'm doing.

Anyone have any ideas of other ways to squeeze some extra exercise into your daily routine?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hey Weaklink- Are your profile pics Shih Tzu's? They are adorable! I have a Shih Tzu too and he's my bud. :smile:

Hi Shawna,

My avatar, and one of the dogs in the ticker, is a Lhasa, whose name is "Mai Li." The tri-color next to her in the ticker is my first canine "baby." Two years ago this month, I lost:heart: "Dreyfus" :heart: to cancer and it about killed me.

I have never gotten around to updating my photos, but I actually have THREE dogs, and on my profile, there are pics of my current Shih tzu, a little black and white scamp named "Pepper." There are no pics up, but last October, I inherited a 14 year old Yorkshire "Terror" named "Bradley." He is a total character, won't back down to the Lhasa, who didn't get the name "Diva Girl" by being easy to get along with.

I say that Bradley is part goat :noway: and part acrobat,:noway: because he loves to jump high enough to knock bread or chips off the kitchen counter and then "The Three Little Pigs" get to have a feast--and momma needs another package of sandwich thins.:laugh: :laugh:

As you can imagine, I live in the "zoo." I confess, they are my babies, and Bradley is like my shadow. His previous human "momma" died last year and he spent a couple of months being shifted between 2 houses, and I think he still worries it could happen again, so when I am home, he is never far away from me. In fact, he is sleeping next to me in my chair and a half as I write this.