Lost 40+ lbs, in maintenance, but I am ALWAYS hungry...

Options
...and slowly sliding back into bad habits.
I used to be vigilant about logging every day, but now I haven't even been doing that either.

Is this normal? Am I falling into the "getting too comfortable in my own skin" thing?

I took a week off from regular logging and then decided to backtrack log what I could remember, and I was horrified to find that I have been overeating! And not even over-indulging.

I need a swift kick in the *kitten*, and motivation.

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    1460 is maintenance? Where did you get that number? How tall are you?
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Yep. Did the same thing when I went into maintenance last year around this time. I lost more weight that I should have for a cushion, but gained beyond that cushion and now I'm working on getting it back off.

I'm thinking your maintenance goal is kinda low though. Most people lose at 1460...that's my BMR.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    1,500 was my weight loss mode. And I am 5'3.

Why do you think that's your maintenance?
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    "Lost 40+ lbs, in maintenance"...
    You use that word, "maintenance", but I don't think it means what you think it means :)
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    And, in the last 3 days (your diary does not log further) you did not even eat that. You ate 800 and 1100 calories, and most of that was sugar (simple carbs) with almost no nutrition. Pasta, bread, spaghetti, etc = sugar.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Think about what got you started in the first place. I read through your profile page real quick and am thinking it might be time to set some new goals. You wanted to be a hot bridesmaid and run a 5k and it sounds like both of those are checked of the to do list. So what now? What's your motivation?

I find fitness goals are the easiest to stick to because there's usually some plan or program involved. Since you've already run your first 5k, how about signing up for another one in the next couple months, then you have motivation to get out there and get running again and maybe try to improve your time. If running alone is boring, see if there are groups in your area you could meet up with. Keep signing up for races and keep working on your time. Or even sign up for a 10k around this time next year and work on your distance. Also make sure you're mixing in some good flexibility and strengthening. Or even go a completely different way and check out one of the new fitness programs on DVD. If you can't afford it, see if your local library has it or could order it so you can check it out.