New to mfp and require friends and support

Options
Hi

I'm new to mfp too. Been keeping the diary for 2 weeks now but I'm unsure if its helping or not yet. It's interesting though being able to see what I am eating each day and am finding I'm being very honest about it. Not too sure how to calculate the exercise right though. Used a website to try and work it out but think I'm over estimating it.

How do I check my daily goal amount is right and does it get amended at all or remain the same for the duration?

I'd like some friends too. Feel free to add me please. Even better if you live in the Sutton, Surrey area and looking for a gym buddy etc. I could really use a partner and the extra encouragement. Females only thou please.

Thanks

Sam

Replies

• tomhaegdorens
    tomhaegdorens Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Mfp does work. If it's not working your daily goal is too high or you aren't logging everything correctly. Also give it some time: weight loss goes slowly.
    I'm using runkeeper to calculate my exercise calories. You also don't have to eat all your exercise calories back. But it's motivating being able to eat something extra after having exercised.

Look at your goals: Are your settings on Sedentary, lightly active,...? That also gives a big difference. I've put mine on sedentary and just log all my exercises. Your daily goal changes in time depending on your weight loss. But it won't change much. Since the beginning I lost 6kg and I can eat 40 kcal less.
  • sjc223
    sjc223 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. Does run keeper accurately log other exercise though or just running? And I've now just changed to sedentary. I didn't know it was there. I haven't lost hope yet by all means but learning to use all the benifits of mfp will help me I think

Sam