A first since high school :)

Options
I haven't run, jogged, walked, crawled etc a mile since being forced to do so in high school. Yesterday my son wanted to go for a walk and I, VOLUNTARILY, agreed to try to make it to his friends house (2 miles away lol). Needless to say, my wonderful hubby had to come rescue me, both kids, a bike and a stroller, but it wasn't until the 1.1 MILE mark!!!

Super proud of myself :)

Does it get easier though?? Holy cow I felt like I was going to die for the last little bit!

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Great job!! First you had the courage to try something that was out of your comfort zone and secondly you made it 1.1 miles!!! That is awesome :)

It does get easier. I started in Jan walking 15 minutes on the treadmill and now I run for 2-3 miles every day and also lift weights, completed 30DS and I'm down almost 70lbs. Just keep moving, any kind of moving. Just move and push yourself a little further each time. Celebrate EVERY success!!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I haven't run, jogged, walked, crawled etc a mile since being forced to do so in high school. Yesterday my son wanted to go for a walk and I, VOLUNTARILY, agreed to try to make it to his friends house (2 miles away lol). Needless to say, my wonderful hubby had to come rescue me, both kids, a bike and a stroller, but it wasn't until the 1.1 MILE mark!!!

Super proud of myself :)

Does it get easier though?? Holy cow I felt like I was going to die for the last little bit!

Sure it gets easier. Just keep challenging yourself and before you know it the walk to his friend's house will feel like a relaxing stroll. Just consistently keep doing something and you'll be better and better at it.