Out of Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Maybe 1200 calories is not enough for you? Unless you are crazy tiny I would bet your BMR is above that.

I think my BMR is 1400. No...I'm not crazy tiny. If I was--I wouldn't be needing y'alls help! haha
  • orolon55
    Options
    SET YOR CALORIE GOAL JUST A LITTLE HIGHER! REMEMBER ALSO THE MORE CARDIO YOU DO THE MORE CALORIES YOU EARN TO EAT!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I've heard that celery is a "negative calorie food," in that it takes more calories to metabolize it than the number of calories that are in the actual stalk, BUT you should probably fact check that before you go mowing down celery bunches. It's a nice thought, anyway. haha!

That is not true ... celery has calories. The whole negative calorie thing and celery is well just wrong.

But it is a very very good go to food for when you want to eat something and don't have a lot of calories left in your day.

You'll notice initially post a disclaimer as well as a correction. ;-)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Maybe 1200 calories is not enough for you? Unless you are crazy tiny I would bet your BMR is above that.

I think my BMR is 1400. No...I'm not crazy tiny. If I was--I wouldn't be needing y'alls help! haha

You are not supposed to ever eat below your BMR. Your BMR is just the calories to keep you alive if you were laying in bed all day doing zero. You neeed to be eating 1400 or more.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,264 Member
    Options

Then your net should be no lower then 1400. MFP doesn't take into account BMR. I have felt better AND lost more weight when I eat more then my BMR but at about 15%-20% under my TDEE.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Then you should eat 1400+ calories a day.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options

Then your net should be no lower then 1400. MFP doesn't take into account BMR. I have felt better AND lost more weight when I eat more then my BMR but at about 15%-20% under my TDEE.

Thanks. I changed my calories intake to 1400. I want a win-win....get to eat more and start to lose again.
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight lost so far! Like others said, try some foods that fill you up more. Not sure if you like beans or lentils, but these are delicious and pack protein, fiber and fill you up very well, but do not have a ton of calories. Also, some days you just may need to eat more, and make up for it over the next few with exercise and spacing out the calories.
  • KRJonmyway
    Options
    best solution! well done!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat all of your calories one day, you can carry them over ... weight loss (or maintenance) is not a daily thing, it's an average (over a few days or a week) ... We aren't robots, our calories won't be exactly the same day in day out forever (with meal planning, yeah ... but there will be occasions and parties and days when your either very hungry, or not so hungry ...) ...
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I plan ahead. My breakfasts and lunches are almost always the same and I add in all my dinners for the week. Breakfasts and lunches are usually small. Seeing the number may motivate you to do some workouts even if you do not feel like you want to. I usually get 250-400 to eat back six days a week. Definitely makes my 1200 calorie limit much easier to handle. I also bank on some days to use on other days when I want to go over. I look at the calories for the entire week.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I don't got to bed hungry, but I think that is because I plan out my meals so that I can have desert after dinner.

However, yesterday I got so hungry at work that I felt like I could eat a horse. It was after I'd treated myself to a sugar free dipped pretzel from the Rocky Mountain Candy Shop. I didn't make a connection between "sugar free" and 'ravenous" until I read somewhere here that sugar free things sometimes make people more hungry, and the more I thought about it the more I realized how I am hungrier if I eat something sugar free (nor not sugar added). Today I didn't have the sugar free dipped pretzel and I was not hungry.

I don't know if you eat sugar free foods or use artificial sweeteners, or if my experience will help you, but thought I would put it out there.
  • Pnutcashew
    Pnutcashew Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals out, but I have some days that I just seem to be more hungry. Drinking plenty of water helps and avoiding empty calories. I have had such a hard time lately with my birthday and extra treats. I really notice sugary foods seem to make the hunger worse.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I've heard that celery is a "negative calorie food," in that it takes more calories to metabolize it than the number of calories that are in the actual stalk, BUT you should probably fact check that before you go mowing down celery bunches. It's a nice thought, anyway. haha!

That is not true ... celery has calories. The whole negative calorie thing and celery is well just wrong.

But it is a very very good go to food for when you want to eat something and don't have a lot of calories left in your day.

You'll notice initially post a disclaimer as well as a correction. ;-)

*You'll notice that I initially did post a disclaimer, as well as a correction, later. ;-)*