MEAL PREP

Options
Howdy :)

Wondering what everyone enjoy's to meal prep for their lunches?? I am needing ideas.

GO!

Replies

• RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Last night for dinner I made marinated sirloin steak with vegetables. - put some in a tuppaware container with garlic aioli for lunch today.

Already ate it.

And it isn't lunch time for another 2 hours.
  • diversden
    Options
    Have you seen the "salad in a jar" recipes? You basically layer your salad in a mason jar...lettuce on top. It keeps in frige for quite a while. When it's time to eat, you dump it on a plate! Make ahead...grab and go
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with soups and wraps for lunch. Now that the weather is getting cold I try to make a BIG batch of a healthy soup every weekend, and then freeze it in microwave containers. Right now we have a healthy chicken soup and a sunset squash soup in there so they are easy grab and go meals during the week.

Anything tastes good on a whole wheat wrap too so I enjoy cooking up a turkey breast or some chicken or even some steak and throwing it with salad and fruit or veggies, mix some seasoning in with some non fat greek yogurt for a sauce for your wrap and its good to go! My new found favorite is a sauce of non fat greek yogurt with some salt, pepper and curry powder with some turkey, iceburg lettuce and sliced pear - yummy, filling, heathy wrap! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    This time of year I do a lot of bulk cooking...stews and soups and casseroles and what not so I usually just bring left-overs of whatever. Other than that I make a lot of sandwiches.
  • Wrxsti23
    Options
    I pretty much eat the same soup for lunch every single day because it is super low calorie and allows me to snack more throughout the day and late afternoon which is a big problem of mine. Whether I eat 100 or 500 calories for lunch I will always wants snacks in the afternoon so I go the low cal route.

I do the P90X Vegetable soup and each serving of mine is about 3 cups for about 165 calories.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I made a VERY healthy noodle-less chicken noodle soup with spaghetti squash the other night. It was so darn good. The entire HUGE pot only had 1000 calories. I ended up getting about 12 bowls from it. Don't get me wrong--I love soup and it is definetely soup weather, however, I cannot live on soup for lunch and/or dinner every night. Sometimes I just need to eat something that isn't liquid. Much for the same reason I don't do Shake meal replacements. I just can't.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the "salad in a jar" recipes? You basically layer your salad in a mason jar...lettuce on top. It keeps in frige for quite a while. When it's time to eat, you dump it on a plate! Make ahead...grab and go

^^That's awesome!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    The only thing I really plan for is breakfast, which is usually:

a) 1/2 cup of oatmeal, with cinnamon, and a tsp of brown sugar, which I dump in a microwaveable bowl, then add water and microwave it, when I'm ready to eat it.
    b) 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt, with cinnamon, and a tsp of honey
    c) 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a pre-portioned cup of mandarin oranges.

Other than that, I usually eat out (meat, veggies, fruits, soups), but cut my portions in 1/2, or down to 1/3, if necessary, and budget my calories as I go.

There are lots of crock pot recipes that are easy prep, if you're looking for easy dinner ideas.