Eating after 8pm?

Options
2»

Replies

• keegalie
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the feedback!

I'd like to remain a Mogwai :)

[img][/img]10596533974_9de7e07f45.jpg
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Once, I was eating dinner on an airplane. It was 7PM when I started, but then we crossed a timezone so I ended up eating after 8. I immediately gained 5 lbs. It was horrible. ;)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering people's opinions on eating later at night.

I get off work at 11pm and am always hungry after work and usually have calories left over to be able to eat something. So I'm wondering if any of you have found that eating later affected your weight loss?

I don't get up until around 11am since I work late and am not ready for bed as soon as I get home - so I don't really eat breakfast, it's more like lunch that I eat before work and then eat my supper at work and then like to have a snack when I get home. Thanks!

Nope.

You can eat whatever you want and anytime you want and it won't affect your weight loss as long as you stay within your calorie allowance.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.... Unless U R going to be up moving around for like 3 hrs afterwards. :-)

LOL...why won't this old wives tail just die...you don't turn into a fat *kitten* or a gremlin from eating after 8 PM. This is science people...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeSVcra6Uij_cLbGmMqYcLEO_wFV6NFGeDXzhd17Ku-fqfLYLz
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    OOOO I wanna be a gremlin!

I will have a snack if I'm hungry before bed, but if I eat too much, I'm super hungry when I wake up, for some reason :frown:

And I have WEIRD dreams.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I say eat whenever you feel hungry. Just make it a healthy meal.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter. Calories are for an entire day 24 hours.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    its really bad
    but if your drinking booze.
    that is good
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    If you want a good case study for eating at night and still losing weight, just take a look at my diary. Some days, I eat about half of my calories after 8pm, and I go to bed at 10pm. It has not stalled my weight loss.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I gained all my weight eating late at night. But, I also lost all my weight eating late at night. Now I am (more or less) maintaining and improving fitness while eating late at night. Every night.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.... Unless U R going to be up moving around for like 3 hrs afterwards. :-)

Wrong.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't eat for about an hour before i go to bed, but i'll finish off a glass of wine right on bedtime.

So you think food has calories, but wine doesn't?

Your body burns calories while you are sleeping. Lots of them. Even if you aren't moving around, it still takes a lot of energy to support your organs, muscles, etc. So don't listen to people who say you aren't going to burn any of the calories you eat if you eat them after a certain time. The only time your body stops burning calories is when you assume room temperature.