Am i eating too much fat please help

Options
2»

Replies

• hunte028
    Options
    I believe the fat requirement for a 1200 calorie diet of over projected on here. I would def cut bk on your fat intake of you're trying to lose weight. Just a suggestion.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I believe the fat requirement for a 1200 calorie diet of over projected on here. I would def cut bk on your fat intake of you're trying to lose weight. Just a suggestion.

Dietary fat doesn't make you fat, nor does it get in the way of losing weight.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Thanks for searching through the forums to bump this, just so you could impart your horrible advice.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Thanks for searching through the forums to bump this, just so you could impart your horrible advice.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My daily fat intake is at 80%, but then I also cut my carbs down to 5%. By reading science articles about food and the body I've decided it's about glucose more than it's about fat or no fat... within reason of course. Glucose is the fuel our bodies use; glucose comes from carbs (easiest), fat (less efficient), and protein (very inefficient). I'm all over this low-carb diet but one of my MFP pals is losing weight eating mostly fruit of all things. If you're eating high fat and low-carbs, your body is getting it's glucose from fat and not storing new fat (if calories are also in deficit). If you're eating high-fat plus high-carbs, your body is getting it's glucose from carbs and storing the fat.

BUT, no scientific study on the planet will explain your body unless it's a study on your body. Some ppl can eat high-fat and high-carbs and not gain weight. Some of the best advice I see ppl give around here is listen to your body. If you lose weight eating all that fat, then eat it. If you start to gain weight eating all that fat, then revamp your dietary goals.