Goal/Chart???

Options
I am having a problem with calculating my goal, when I put in the information it tells me 1,200 calories and with exercise 3 times a week that I should lose .3 lbs. per week. I have for the most part been staying around 900 calories per day and have not lost anything in the past 2 weeks. I am getting closer to my goal weight so I am not sure if that has something to do with it, I have 7 lbs. to go. I am getting a bit discouraged....any suggestions?

Replies

• akaDumbo
    akaDumbo Posts: 187
    Options
    900 calories is too low your body has probably switched to starvation mode. Up your calories to at least 1200 preferably higher for a couple of weeks you may put on weight the first week or so while your body adjusts but then you will start losing again and can reduce your calories but dont go below 1200 a day
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'll keep this short because everyone who replies is probably going to say similar things -- if you eat BELOW 1200 calories you risk putting your body into starvation mode. In short, instead of losing weight, it preciously clings onto whatever fat you have to prevent from... well, starving. Therefore, it is imperative that you eat a minimum of 1200 calories each day.

Because you have such a small amount of weight to lose, it is going to come off VERY slowly.

I would suggest, follow the 1200 + exercise 3x a week... and hopefully you can shed those 7lbs. Eating 900 calories is not going to get you there I'm afraid.
  • sgssmile
    sgssmile Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks! You are doing great!
  • sgssmile
    sgssmile Posts: 62
    Options
    Thank you-I have heard that, I will try eating a little more. I have also been skipping lunch lately and that could be hurting me too. I am finding it hard to get a good balance, but I will!