Too Fit for That!

Options
I have been going to a gym since November but have recently made the decision to stop going there and workout at home. I'm trying to get into a new routine that will work well for me. Yesterday I popped in my old standard "Sweatin' to the Oldies" w/ Richard Simmons. I was wearing my HRM, and after 13 minutes if warmup was still down around 115. I used to really get a workout w/ this video, but I could see that was not the case, so I stopped it, and did something a bit more challenging. It was neat to see how far I've come, that I'm now too fit to do Richard Simmons!

Replies

• TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale moving is great, but it's REALLY great when you can FEEL the difference. Congrats! Looks like you'll definitely reach your halfway goal. :)
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

Seeing the results is the best motivation!
    Keep it up! :drinker:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've noticed in the past month especially, when I've really started to work on running, that it takes a lot more effort to get my heart rate up. I used to burn a lot more calories just walking and now my heart rate stays pretty low. It's nice to know that I'm more fit, but it means I have to keep with the more intense exercise. No taking the easy route. I've found walking on an incline is a good substitute, that gets my heart rate up.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I've noticed in the past month especially, when I've really started to work on running, that it takes a lot more effort to get my heart rate up. I used to burn a lot more calories just walking and now my heart rate stays pretty low. It's nice to know that I'm more fit, but it means I have to keep with the more intense exercise. No taking the easy route. I've found walking on an incline is a good substitute, that gets my heart rate up.

Another good option is walking/running through sand or the woods. Anything that will add resistance. I've also seen resistance shoes that make it feel like your running through sand. Could be an interesting addition for those with joint issues that keep them from running.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!