Kind of an NSV

Options
I'd call it a victory. Today I was reading an inspiring Facebook page and found some motivation that I'd lost somewhere along the way. It was about 3pm and I had to be to work at 6pm. I immediately told myself that I didn't have time to go to the gym before I had to get ready.... but then.........I said, bull****! 40 minutes on the elliptical is better than NOTHING. I went. I put in 32 minutes and burned about 413 calories. It. Felt. Great!

Now to get 2-3 more days in this week!

Replies

• Cherie0622
    Cherie0622 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    That's the BEST kind of NSV! It shows that you are re-wiring your brain! That's the kind of change that will make this journey a little easier in the long run. Keep making those decisions instead of excuses! Wonderful work!
  • mrsslls
    mrsslls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yay you! Sometimes you just need to remind yourself what ( or whom) counts the most!
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself. I know that inner voice trying to give you all kinds of excuses why working out doesn't make sense today. It takes strength to go despite it!
  • paddgirl21
    paddgirl21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Very happy to see you stepped up and got to it. We all need to hear stories like this because I know there are plenty of times I don't want to get up on that treadmill, but I lace up my shoes and say what the heck. I feel better afterwards as well.

Keep up the good work!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on doing one of the toughest things...talking yourself out of making easy excuses to skip working out. It shows when you're honest with yourself that your determination can help you succeed! Keep it up.
  • sueinmass
    sueinmass Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! It is hard to start your workout when you really don't want to!
    I always tell the people I coach this (and its good for me to hear it all the time too because it reminds me) Will Power is a Muscle, the more you use it, the Stronger it gets!!!
    Keep using your will power and days like that will become less or at least they'll become easier to do the right thing!

Great Job!!
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC NSV!!! You should be very proud of yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!