How many carbs should I eat?

Options
Hello, I have a question about carbs. I met with the nutritionist on Monday and she gave me a 1500 calorie diet to follow. My daily allotted exchanges for Fruit is 3 and starches is 8. I was under the assumption that this should be a low carb diet but I am tracking in on here and I am always over totaling on averaging 200g. My question is, how do I follow the prescribed diet without going over on carbs? Am I missing something, should (shouldn't) I be eating certain foods?

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I, personally, haven't restricted any food. I try to hit my macros and if I go over, I dont fret. As long as I'm hitting them and my calorie count isnt over. Make sure to weigh your food and measure liquids, when possible. I hit 200g of carbs too on some days and it hasnt slowed me down. I exercise maybe 3 days a week and eat 1550. Good luck :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have a question about carbs. I met with the nutritionist on Monday and she gave me a 1500 calorie diet to follow. My daily allotted exchanges for Fruit is 3 and starches is 8. I was under the assumption that this should be a low carb diet but I am tracking in on here and I am always over totaling on averaging 200g. My question is, how do I follow the prescribed diet without going over on carbs? Am I missing something, should (shouldn't) I be eating certain foods?

why dont you ask your nutritionist? presumably you paid her to give you this diet, so shouldnt she be able to explain why she wants you to eat whats it says?
  • Tamika_84
    Tamika_84 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't see her for another month I will be talking to her about it but I understand that there are a number of opinions on the subject and I would like to weigh them all out.