Low Carb...PB2?...Low carb dieters....

Options
I have been hearing a lot about PB2 and it seems to be recommended as a low carb good....I just noticed it has sugar added....would you still consider this low carb and do you use it?

Replies

• LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    It's a Peanut Butter substitute... why not just use regular peanutbutter... it only has like 5-7g carbs per serving?
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    im trying to reduce the calories..pb2 has less then 1/3 the calories of regular peanut butter
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    im trying to reduce the calories..pb2 has less then 1/3 the calories of regular peanut butter

I'd worry about it being a legume than the cals, legumes killed the paleo man
  • MistyMtnMan
    MistyMtnMan Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    The answer to your question is yes.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2!!! It's yummy. If you want to make it more peanut buttery, then I suggest mixing it with coconut oil!

I've never seen sugar added into PB2, maybe the chocolate one?

I was buying it because it is very low fat and carb, but now that I've learned not to be afraid of fat, I just eat all natural peanut butter, because it's less expensive than PB2.

PB2 is great for shakes, baking, cooking sauces, everything you like a peanut flavor in!
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2!!! It's yummy. If you want to make it more peanut buttery, then I suggest mixing it with coconut oil!

I've never seen sugar added into PB2, maybe the chocolate one?

I was buying it because it is very low fat and carb, but now that I've learned not to be afraid of fat, I just eat all natural peanut butter, because it's less expensive than PB2.

PB2 is great for shakes, baking, cooking sauces, everything you like a peanut flavor in!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It has less than a third of the calories because it removes EVERYTHING that's actually healthy about peanut butter. Waste of money, waste of time. Peanuts are healthy BECAUSE of the fat they contain, removing the fat is stupid. It would be like taking the protein out of chicken to reduce the calories.