What's more popular among MFP members:

Options
Members logging food they usually eat on a regular basis or members following an outside diet plan, like:

SouthBeach
Weight Watchers
Zone
etc...

Even though new to the site this week, I can already see that I need to focus more on what I'm eating and work harder at not going over my allotted calories for fat,carbs, protein, sugar, etc...

I love the fact that the site does all the calculations and gives you an estiamted weight and timeframe of when you could reach that goal. That is a real motivator for me.

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    None.

Stick to your macros.
  • crwalling
    Options
    Can you elaborate a bit more on what you mean by macros? Is that something to do with, what appears to be the most popular calorie tracker with MFP members - the TDEE thing?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    if you set a goal like 30% protein 30% fat and 40% carbs (say) then you can broadly eat what you like as long as the totals come out right and fit these macronutrient percentages. That's the IIFYM idea.
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of "diets". I prefer the "Eat clean, train hard" philosophy. By eating clean, I mean that you avoid highly processed food and sweets, baking, etc. The best way to lose weight (my opinion) is a lifestyle change rather than a fad diet.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want and stay under calories and try to stick with my macros (45%carb, 25%protien, 30%fat). I also exercise to get a few extra calories and it has also firmed me up and my clothes are fitting better. Just weight loss did not make my clothes fit better.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    if you set a goal like 30% protein 30% fat and 40% carbs (say) then you can broadly eat what you like as long as the totals come out right and fit these macronutrient percentages. That's the IIFYM idea.

this
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of "diets". I prefer the "Eat clean, train hard" philosophy. By eating clean, I mean that you avoid highly processed food and sweets, baking, etc. The best way to lose weight (my opinion) is a lifestyle change rather than a fad diet.

^^^ Areed!!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I mostly pay attention to calories and protein.