cellulite & caffeine

Options
just wondering if any of you know if there is a connection between drinking coffee and cellulite...i have been eating really healthy for the past 2 years (90% of the time with the occasional cheat day), working out (walking, cardio classes, strength classes) and i STILL have gross lumpy-bumpies on the back of my thighs....it decreased significantly when i lost weight (it used to go as far down as the back of my knees - now it's a few stubborn areas under my bum) but it's not all gone and my dream would be to have smooth thighs in the back.....the one bad vice i have is drinking coffee....quite a bit of it....and i have heard that caffeine can interfere with getting rid of cellulite....i haven't had coffee in almost a week and i am DYING!!!! take away my calories...my sugar...my junk food....BUT I NEED MY COFFEE!!!!!! :mad: soooo, i was wondering if any of you knew what the relationship was between the two.....and if any men read this post - how do YOU feel about girls with cellulite? are you grossed out? or are you able to overlook it?...i would love an honest answer!!!!
:drinker:

Replies

• FletcherChic
    Options
    just wondering if any of you know if there is a connection between drinking coffee and cellulite...i have been eating really healthy for the past 2 years (90% of the time with the occasional cheat day), working out (walking, cardio classes, strength classes) and i STILL have gross lumpy-bumpies on the back of my thighs....it decreased significantly when i lost weight (it used to go as far down as the back of my knees - now it's a few stubborn areas under my bum) but it's not all gone and my dream would be to have smooth thighs in the back.....the one bad vice i have is drinking coffee....quite a bit of it....and i have heard that caffeine can interfere with getting rid of cellulite....i haven't had coffee in almost a week and i am DYING!!!! take away my calories...my sugar...my junk food....BUT I NEED MY COFFEE!!!!!! :mad: soooo, i was wondering if any of you knew what the relationship was between the two.....and if any men read this post - how do YOU feel about girls with cellulite? are you grossed out? or are you able to overlook it?...i would love an honest answer!!!!
    :drinker:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is hereditary, unfortunately. We can reduce it's appearance by doing what you are doing...exercise, drinking plenty of water, weight management. Never heard of the not drinking coffee connection. I did hear that one could make a mixture of 1/4 c of warm, used coffee grounds and a tablespoon of olive oil and rub it into the cellulite areas. Wrap the areas in saran wrap and let sit for several minutes and rinse off. Do this several time per week to temporarily reduce it's appearance. Also, self tanners reduce it's appearance.
    I'm not grossed out by a few dimples of cellulite, but I do think a big cottage cheese butt is nasty. There, that's my honesty in a nutshell!
    Good luck, I know cellulite sucks!!
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    I also have cellulite on the backs of my upper legs and bum... I have never heard that coffee has anything to do with it... all I have heard to reduce it is to lose weight, drink lots of water, and do strength exercises focusing on the bum, hips and hams...
    also I agree with Erin... a little cellulite is not gross but total coverage from waist to calf is...
    Good Luck
    Jenn