Loose skin, GO AWAY !!!!

Options
So I have lost 44 lbs so far, I started at 229 on Aug. 1st 2012, I am now at 185 lbs .
I started working out full time on Sept. 24th 2012 and I kept at it still to this day, doing 2-3 days cardio and 3 days weight training. Oh plus 2 sessions of Pilates per week.
I am doing programs like Les Mills Combat / Pump, JM Body Revolution and GSP Rushfit (MMA training)

I lost most of my lower belly and my thighs and arms have shrunk quite a bit !
My question is.. will the loose skin (flab) ever go away ?
There is not THAT much but it's there.. Will the skin 'shrink' back to look smooth again ?
Can I do anything else to help that ?

BTW, I do not go to the gym I do all my workouts at home.. I am mortified to go to a gym, the only way I'd prolly go is if I had a personal trainer and I dont see that happening.

Thanx guyz !

Replies

• mcouturezz
    Options
    anyone ?
  • xgirl451
    xgirl451 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Loose Skin...bane of my existence. It depends on so many factors. Age, Genetics, Speed of Weightloss, Length of time beign overweight. BodyFat %

The younger you are the better your chances you skin will recover. Good genes help. Slow weightloss helps. Overweight for a short period helps.

I lost 140 lbs over two years(+). I'm fifty(-). Overweight and yo-yo most of my life(-). Genetics(?).

I have loose skin. Most people say its not that bad. My doctor told me that if I wanted it to go away, I would most likely need surgery.