Halloween Candy Poll

Options
2»

Replies

• NickeeCoco
    Options
    Well, if I buy it, my husband just eats it. I don't like sweets much, never have, even as a kid. I always ended up giving most of my candy to my brother and sister. Now, the chips! Oh, I hoarded those. I'd trade all of my candy for their bags of chips.

That said, not giving it out at all. Last year we got zero kids. The year before that we got one. The year before that we got two. We're the only house on our side of the street, there's no street light and no sidewalk. No point in staying around for no kids.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I am never home for Halloween, so have never had to worry about it. However, I just bought a house and may be home a little this year and next. I plan on buying candy I like and eating some of it!
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I bought the four or five lb bag of mixed "fun-size" candy bars at Costco. If we start to run low, my wife or I can run out to get more. We live in a development that has a lot of retired baby boomers, but not so many people with kids. I think I'll get maybe 150 trick-or-treaters, tops.

Hopefully, that woman who dropped by last year, dressed as a mix of Tilted Kilt and Red Riding Hood will visit again! Rrrrowr!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I eat all the candy.

Ditto. I hand out candy I don't like to kids, but there isn't much I don't like, so they'll just have to deal with it. :laugh:

I don't like any of it that much, but I still compulsively eat it anyway.
  • laurajune72
    laurajune72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I get enough kids that have to buy candy- I love handing it out!!! I like pretty much all chocolate! But not an issue to afraid to run out- but I have a strong belief that you can allow your self 1 piece (if you log it) and then you need to be happy with with that.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    I don't think my apartment complex allows trick-or-treaters - at least my old one didn't - so we have no plans to hand out candy. However, if I was handing out candy, I think I'd get some that I liked, and some that I didn't. I don't generally eat candy that isn't chocolate, so maybe one bag of that plus some other non-chocolatey goodness. That way if I did decide to attack the candy bowl, I can't eat the entire thing. :)

Why do you have a pic on your profile where your head is photoshopped onto someone elses body?
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am one of the rare people who do not like desserts or sweets of any kind so it does not matter to me what I buy, I try to stick to the major brands, Snickers, Twizzlers, Reeses, ect.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I buy the good stuff but try to make sure there aren't any leftovers at the end of the night. I give out 2-4 pieces to each kid and rarely have any leftovers. If I do, I put them in a ziplock and stow them someplace out of sight for the next year.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought any candy. I'm hoping that I get some as tips at work today, so I don't have to be "that" neighbor who doesn't answer the door on Halloween. We don't have many kids in this apartment complex, so buying a whole bag of candy is not a good use of my grocery money.

I do have some string cheese and Cliff Bars just in case. :tongue:
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am with you in that I don't like sweets that much either, but that does not stop me from eating it *Thunking head on desk. And to everyone else, I agree -- I bought the full sized bars at Costco (which was a pretty good deal) and am hoping they all get taken
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    We're taking my boyfriend's son out this year so we will probably get some of what he doesn't want - last year it was all the chocolate (win) I'm hoping it's the same this year. Since we're in an apartment we don't get kids so if I want more candy, I'll wait until after Halloween and hit the stores for the discounted stuff which I will then eat! Probably have a couple of candy binge days and then get back to normal around December 1st at which point the Christmas treats should start! I don't lose much weight over the holidays and I'm just fine with that :p
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This year I bought stuff I don't like.

In the past I would buy things I liked and eat them as I handed them out : - ( Not anymore!!! If I want something I will eat it but Halloween's in the past have just been mindless eating. None of that this year.
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Bought loads of stuff for the local kids - most gone now. Not before I ate all the fun-size Crunchies. Damage limitation is all I can do, here.
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    WE get tons of trick-or-treaters so I buy loads of candy! I usually eat some... I made sure I did not buy milk duds this year ..game would be over:)
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This year I gave out gift wrapped children's books - Garfield, Thomas the Tank Engine etc.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving out candy because I'll be at my boyfriend's house LOL but his mom may be giving out candy so Lord help me.... When I was a kid there was a family who would go ALL OUT on Halloween! They decorated really scary, they would have someone stand still at the bottom of the porch in costume and he'd come alive and scare you... and the BEST was they would have a cooler full of sodas and hot dogs on the grill so you'd get a scare, candy, a hot dog and a soda. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!