What a great place!

Options
Alioth
Alioth Posts: 571 Member
Hi, folks. A friend of mine recommended this site to me, and I joined it last Monday. So far, all I can say is I love it! I've never tried a food diary or calorie counter before this and used to make fun of people who did. At the end of last month I had a birthday and made a resolution to take better care of my body this year. The stories and articles I've read on the forum so far have been very inspiring. I'm a student and was a teacher for a few years before that, so I developed bad habits--skipping some meals during the day and eating high calorie junk food in the middle of the night. Even though I've exercised more in the past year than the last three years, I still gained weight, or lost weight only to gain it back quicker than I ever thought possible. I'm going to try the balanced calorie approach until Christmas and see how it goes.

Replies

• makeupangel
    Options
    I just joined also & I couldn't agree more. Keep up the good work & stay positive!!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Thanks! You too!
  • moranc
    moranc Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome! I joined a couple weeks ago and heard about it from a friend also. Good Luck!
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Isn't this site great? It's so addictive!! Good luck with your goals!