Does it matter when I eat most of my calories?

Options
According to my goals, MFP says I gotta eat 1510 calories a day and adds up some exercise calories when I enter them.

The problem (I'm hoping its not) is, I'd like to eat more during the night, after my workout in the evening. For example, today I had 1348 calories in total. Of this, 783 were from the delicious dinner I just had. Most of the macro nutrients were also under the goal (except an extra 10 mg off Sugar :bigsmile: ). I also sleep only after 2 or 3 hrs after dinner.

So, if I continue like this, will I have any problems in my weight loss journey or my health in general?

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Nope. Meal timing is personal preference.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Meal timing is irrelevant. I usually take down 1000+ cal for dinner and dessert then hit the bed within an hour, personally
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    You should always eat your calories during the hours you're awake. That's really the only rule. :bigsmile:
  • saishyamk
    saishyamk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you... Made me feel so better!! :flowerforyou:
  • saishyamk
    saishyamk Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You should always eat your calories during the hours you're awake. That's really the only rule. :bigsmile:

Thanks.. I was wondering if dream eating counts!! Coz, I do that a lot... :laugh:
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    With my exercise calories, I usually eat around 1400-1500/day...breakfast & lunch are almost always the same, a little over 400, then 600-700 for dinner. For me, I don't have much of an appetite for breakfast & lunch, & if I'm going out, it'll usually be in the evenings. So just like to save some extra for then. Only bad thing is sometimes I have a little trouble getting in all the calories before my evening cut-off. As long as you're sticking to your daily cal allowance, I wouldn't worry about it. But if you find yourself always breaking your diet at certain times of the day, then you might need to rethink your timing. I always try to have a couple of small bowls of popcorn as my last thing...it helps keep me full & satisfied until bedtime.