Give up your weakness challenge

Options
Hey everyone,

I have a weakness...SWEETS...Sweet Tea (yumm..it's like crack in a cup), Soft Drinks, Candy...and especially at lunch. (I easily down three 21oz cups of my beverage of choice) ..what I am really trying to do is cut my intake of sweet drinks and treats, and increase my water consumption, exercise, and success!

I am looking for a few partners that have struggled with an addiction, that want a jump start, and begin to turn their health and lives around.

My starting weight is 235 and I would love to get to 205...so I have a lot of work and snackcrifice before me.:laugh:

Plus by having a group..we will feel more accountable, which will enable us to maintain our logs, weighins etc.

I look forward to our mutual success!

Phil

Replies

• VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    My weakness appears to be CARBSSSS! I adore bread, all bread, any kind of bread. I really really need to cut back on this particular thing in order to see some bigger results as I have a long way to go..... I am going to try really hard to limit my bread consumption!
  • PJRiner
    PJRiner Posts: 58
    Options
    I know this might sound silly but brushing your teeth more frequently throughtout the day actually curbs the sweet tooth. Also, try popping one jelly bean in your mouth and don't chew it or try sugar free candy but watch the calories they can fool you. Good luck but stop the sweet tea, it is loaded with sugar!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I'm with Kerri. I am a total carbivore!
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My weakness, like the OP, is sweets...I'll be trying to cut back on my processed sugars and finding a way to curb my sweet tooth by eating more fruits and healthy sweet things. I tend to put sugar in everything, want dessert with every meal, and the like. I've justified the negative behavior and pattern long enough. Never again!
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    im in. im trying to cut back on carbs and focus more on protiens to jump start myself.. add me
    as for the sweet tea, i love it too. i changed to drinking green tea mixed in with a fruit tea blend sweetened with a little splenda. helps with the sweetness craving and taste really good
  • DanL66712
    DanL66712 Posts: 135
    Options
    I'm going to have a crack at giving up smoking...so carbs may become my friend...It's my biggest weakness by far and tomorrow is actually my quit date. Slightly worried about putting on weight as opposed to losing it, but will have to see how it goes!
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    my weakness is carbs and chocolate so I have to stay away the more I eat them the more cravings I have for them.
  • phil45
    phil45 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks for responding and providing positive encouragement...this is a huge challenge for me...I have found that I am curbing some of my desires by following your suggestions...brushing my teeth, rather than drinking or eating sweets really does help...I also found that drinking water...I'm trying to drink a gallon a day on days I workout also helps...plus it's curbing my appetite.

I look forward to hearing your success and succeeding with you!

Phil