What supplements do you or did you take?

Options
Whats up my weight loss homies :) So here is a fun topic I wanted to roll off you guys and gals. What supplements do you take? Do you think theyre garbage? Why do you take them? Do you think it helps?

For me when I was at 400 I tried Oxi Elite Pro, which actually helped I lost around 30lbs while on it but it wasn't enough to make me stick with it nor was it a real solution to my problem

Then I tried Hydroxy-cut(thermogenic) which was okay but I didn't like being in a pool of sweat 95% of the time so again I failed at it.

In the end I got the best results, once I began to realize that I was doing this to myself and all of my hatred was in my head. So now I actually know what supplements help because I literally only take what I am deficient in. So Multivitamins, creatine mono hydrate, and high fiber protein bars ^_^. That is pretty much it. Anyone else got some supplement war stories?

Cheers family,

Tof

Replies

• Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    EVERYDAY:

Multi-Vitamin
    Calcium w/Vitamin D
    Fish Oil

PRE WORKOUT:

Creatine
    Beta Alanine

POST WORKOUT:

BCAAs
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    that's pretty good you have the right idea. I eat quite a bit of fish and I'm not fond to the heated feeling from beta alanine but its great for getting your blood pumping :)

Cheers
  • Rooooose
    Rooooose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Only multi-vitamins... though I tend to forget about them sometimes. Is it important to take supplements?
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just take a men's daily multi-vitamin from Walmart. I eat pretty clean Sunday-Thursday with lots of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, oatmeal, and lean protein. If you eat clean, you don't need a lot of supplements. I would rather spend my money fresh and good fruits and vegetables.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Fish oil
    Cytogreens
    Dymatyze Iso 100 whey protein (chocolate)
    BCAA
    Neurocore pre-workout
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I take BSN no explode pre workout... I mostly do cardio but it was something I started taking back when i did strength training. i sweat buckets but It definately gives me focus, stamina and energy... whether its from the supplement or my mind is no matter.

i also try to take a multi every night as well as garlic, fish oil and osteo biflex.
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    EVERYDAY:

Multi-Vitamin
    Calcium w/Vitamin D
    Fish Oil

PRE WORKOUT:

Creatine
    Beta Alanine

POST WORKOUT:

BCAAs

Pretty similar to me

Morning
    2 scoops protein shake
    creatine
    2 multi vits
    5 omeag 3 fish oils
    d12

Pre training
    beta alanine & creatine
    citrulline malate

During training
    bcaa
    maybe a protein shake as well depending on how long I'm in the gym for

Post Training
    protein shake

Pre bed
    protein shake
    2 multi vits
    5 fish oils
    2 zma

I won't have the fish oils if I have salmon or grass fed steaks that day.

Koing
  • theopenforum
    Options
    Only multi-vitamins... though I tend to forget about them sometimes. Is it important to take supplements?

that depends some people take supplements because they are sold the product without any idea if its good for them or not. Supplements are good for just that. Supplementing your diet. If you hate or are allergic to fish then take Omega 3 fatty acids to balance it out. If you don't like milk or feel you dont get enough calcium or vitamins, then a multivitamin is good. Its just on far too many occasions do I see people get stuff at a nutrition store because it was sold to them for no reason other than to sell to them.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    I just take a men's daily multi-vitamin from Walmart. I eat pretty clean Sunday-Thursday with lots of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, oatmeal, and lean protein. If you eat clean, you don't need a lot of supplements. I would rather spend my money fresh and good fruits and vegetables.

This ^

you sir are absolutely right
  • UCSMiami
    UCSMiami Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use BF Creatine.

I tried Beta-Alanine but it gave me the twitch the day after!

Also:
    BCAA post workout if I am not eating
    Protein powder as needed to complete daily needs. I have settled on Iso Sensation 93 Natural from Ultimate Nutrition.

I alternate vitamins as needed: Omega 3, Flax Seed Oil, Vitamin D, zinc, etc.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    I use BF Creatine.

I tried Beta-Alanine but it gave me the twitch the day after!

Also:
    BCAA post workout if I am not eating
    Protein powder as needed to complete daily needs. I have settled on Iso Sensation 93 Natural from Ultimate Nutrition.

I alternate vitamins as needed: Omega 3, Flax Seed Oil, Vitamin D, zinc, etc.

good stack bro, wow you guys are pro at this :)

that makes me happy
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i don't take any supplements. i'm doing it all natural so i get all my vitamins and minerals from the foods i eat. i pop a couple of ibuprofin when my right knee hurts, but that's about it. i actually asked my doctor about a "weight gainer" shake cause i continue to lose weight, but she advised against it. nutritious food and lots of water works for me!
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    current stack,
    Hemavol
    Jacked (original formula)
    Beast nutrition creatine
    Muscletech chocolate whey
    4 iu omega 3's
    Chromium picolinate(it was on sale)
    B-complex
    Multi vitamin -generic
    - Dont take BCAAS because my protein powder has plenty of them. mainly leucine, arganine..but not enough to be categorized as filler.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Took OxyElitePro when I first started losing weight and didnt know any better. I liked the buzz but after about a week it locked me up so bad I had to take some laxatives. Never touched it again.

Took a bunch of different pre workouts. Bought a couple different tubs and got a ton of free samples from the local sup store. They are kind of fun to take and then go to the gym but never noticed a huge difference in performance. I dont use them anymore and probably wont spend any money on them anytime soon.

If I do need an energy boost I just get something with caffeine like coffee or those Mio things.

I do use protein supplements. Whatever tastes good or is on sale.

Creatine 5 grams daily. I do notice a big difference with this one so I will continue to take it.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    current stack,
    Hemavol
    Jacked (original formula)
    Beast nutrition creatine
    Muscletech chocolate whey
    4 iu omega 3's
    Chromium picolinate(it was on sale)
    B-complex
    Multi vitamin -generic
    - Dont take BCAAS because my protein powder has plenty of them. mainly leucine, arganine..but not enough to be categorized as filler.

this is pretty good, yeh if you can get the protein either with food or meats then BCAAs isn't neccessary. The Jacked gives a nice buzz and the hemavol is a nice product to offset it since it doesnt have any stims. You did your homework bro
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I don't take any on a regular basis. I eat lots of fresh fruit and veg and get all my vitamins and minerals that way.

If I get to the end of the day and my protein is looking low, I'll have a shake before bed.
    If I'm feeling abnormally tired or know I have a stressful day, I'll have some b vitamins.

That's all.
  • theopenforum
    Options
    Took OxyElitePro when I first started losing weight and didnt know any better. I liked the buzz but after about a week it locked me up so bad I had to take some laxatives. Never touched it again.

Took a bunch of different pre workouts. Bought a couple different tubs and got a ton of free samples from the local sup store. They are kind of fun to take and then go to the gym but never noticed a huge difference in performance. I dont use them anymore and probably wont spend any money on them anytime soon.

If I do need an energy boost I just get something with caffeine like coffee or those Mio things.

I do use protein supplements. Whatever tastes good or is on sale.

Creatine 5 grams daily. I do notice a big difference with this one so I will continue to take it.

and you will with that amount of creatine. As for the Oxy Elite Pro yeh when desperation kicks in I cant really blame anyone for giving it a shot. Is it neccessary? No, can it help? Maybe, but so could cardio and weights. Whose to say your weight loss was because of the supplement? Is where I kinda am with that one.

And yes 3 Cs are usually best. Caffeine Creatine and Caseine(protein)
  • theopenforum
    Options
    I don't take any on a regular basis. I eat lots of fresh fruit and veg and get all my vitamins and minerals that way.

If I get to the end of the day and my protein is looking low, I'll have a shake before bed.
    If I'm feeling abnormally tired or know I have a stressful day, I'll have some b vitamins.

That's all.

this is also pretty good. Supplements is all about preference in inefficiencies. If you know you get what you need in your diet then they are not neccessary
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    1.) Protein powder
    2.) Fish oil
    3.) Multi-vitamin

The rest of the time I'm eating healthy, lots of fruit, vegetables, whole grains, lean meat, nuts, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. Works good for me.