NFL jersey

Options
cingle87
cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
Im looking for some help from our cousins across the pond, Im looking to buy a friend of mine a 49ers jersey as a christmas present, however when I look for uk retailers the cheapest I could find is £70 which is about $120. So my question is how much are the jerseys over there, I have friends who have got family in america and wondering if it would be worth getting them to ship me one over, or would it work out about the same price?

Also I have noticed there are 3 version each jersey, what are the actual difference and is it noticeable?

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I'm in NorCal so they are everywhere here. They are anywhere from $70-100, red version is their home games, and white is away games. I'm not sure what 3rd style you're talking about.
  • cingle87
    Options
    I know each team has 3 strips I was more talkig about the difference between Game, Limited and Elite
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    They run about $100 US.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Im looking for some help from our cousins across the pond, Im looking to buy a friend of mine a 49ers jersey as a christmas present, however when I look for uk retailers the cheapest I could find is £70 which is about $120. So my question is how much are the jerseys over there, I have friends who have got family in america and wondering if it would be worth getting them to ship me one over, or would it work out about the same price?

Also I have noticed there are 3 version each jersey, what are the actual difference and is it noticeable?

if you order one from the states to save a couple of quid, you will get lumped with around £20-£40 on import duties and charges, so just but it from nike store GB, at least you know it won't be counterfeit
  • cingle87
    Options
    To be honest after looking online in US stores the game jersey is going for $100 which is about £60 so with posting and if customs doesnt get there hands on then it still will £70+

Seems alot for a replica Jersey, for example in England you can usually get A Manchester United replica shirt for about £45, might have to re think his gift.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I know each team has 3 strips I was more talkig about the difference between Game, Limited and Elite

Elite is manufactured to nearly identical specs as the real deal on the field...it is an awesome jersey (if you're into that kind of thing obviously). Limited is similar, but 100% polyester and not quite as heavy...I believe it still has the stitched twill numbers. The game jersey is your basic replica jersey where the graphics are screen print rather than the twill.

I personally have an Elite that was customized for me with my name on the back and "1" as my number...as in number 1 fan. I don't think you'd go wrong with the Limited though...I do have a couple of screen print "game" jerseys as well, but the Limited and Elite are going to look a lot nicer.