31 down - 99 to go

Options
Hello all,

When I was in my forties, I was focused on work and didn't take care of myself as I should. As 50 approached I changed all that, lost a ton of weight and started running again. I spent two years running marathons and half marathons and I was in heaven. Then I started having seizures. I was diagnosed with epilepsy at 50. Took two years to get my medication right, had some severe liver problems from the meds, and gained ALL my weight back and then some.

Then last year during my annual physical, the Dr. ran a PSA test and discovered I had prostate cancer. Had my prostate removed and, because my cancer had spread, most of my bladder. I am in a holding pattern right now, waiting for PSA levels to rise enough to warrant the next treatment step (radiation or hormone therapy).

So, I decided I would stop worrying about dying and get living. My prognosis is not great, but I live each day as full as I can and I am happy.

I used a modified paleo diet to kick start my metabolism and lost 30 lbs in just 2 months. Now I'm moving to a more balanced approach and am glad I found this site and the tools.

I walk 3 miles twice a week and 5 on saturday. I will start running again once I loose enough so I don't damage my joints.

I plan on returning to marathoning next fall.

Best of luck to all,

Pat

Replies

• z_lo7
    z_lo7 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hope you keep at it. Im new to this, i haven't tried anything like this before. From expirence i know that its hard when you've lost weight and then gain it back. I know it wasnt your fault but the circumstances you where putin didnt help. Keep doing what your doing to loose that weight. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill . Hopefully I'd helpedwith some motivation, good luck:)