Having trouble at 1300 calories

2»

Replies

• Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Hi all,
    I should add some information

I've been exercising pretty regularly until recently - 5 or 6 walks a week for 2 miles or more. Life's just been busy and I'm down to 2 or 3 walks per week.
    My morning smoothies are frozen berries, spinach, and unsweetened almond milk, and I consider that a pretty healthy choice.
    The cookies were a moment of extreme weakness. Usually I make great choices.

Thanks!

That smoothie sounds very healthy, but I would suggest adding some protein, like a poached egg or Greek yogurt. It can help you with some of your hunger by being more satiating, and it won't add that much extra in terms of calories.

Gross, who puts a poached egg in a smoothie? :laugh:
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    More exercise and then eat more, simple!

I'm convinced this is the main reason people exercise. I think it's a pretty lame reason to exercise, tbh.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member

I'm convinced this is the main reason people exercise. I think it's a pretty lame reason to exercise, tbh.

I don't, I eat to grow!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member

I don't, I eat to grow!

Ditto this. Found out pretty quickly that if I moved more, I could eat more. Eating is good!

Otherwise, I agree with the others, eat more filling, low calorie foods. The fact that you made bad choices that left you hungry one day should be a good motivation though - it's what motivates me, if I eat too much junk, I'm going to be starving.
  • I would focus on vegetables. frozen, steam and microwave are a great way to get them in without them going bad. Tuna and salmon packs (around 80 calories) can add some protein. almond milk (30 cals for 8 ounces) can boost calcium levels. no sodium soup is a good way to fill up. just a few ideas. oh, and my favorite, 100 calorie popcorn packages.