what food to give up to lose belly fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Stop eating refined white crap and processed crap and get in the gym Cardio is key but it starts with diet. Clean it up.

Why? Refined white crap and processed crap stops you losing belly fat? Really?

Yes. You've never heard of refined, white privilege?

Damn refined white foods, always trying to hold the brown foods down! Revolution!!! I'm tired of these typical white food antics!!!

*is eating mashed russet potatoes with whole milk and cheese mixed in*

I am eating some chex mix and PB filled pretzels...they are brown =)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Stop eating refined white crap and processed crap
    NO
    Cardio is key
    Wrong again
    Clean it up.
    Nope
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Give up eating What ever food you are that put you over your maintenance calories, and everything you ate after that each day
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Your doctor is a moron!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    whoa who ladies lets not be too hasty. You should check to see if you have a gluten allergy first. Because if you do then your doctor is right if that is what they meant. If they think you have a gluten allergy then I would try to remove them to see if that helps any. If it does then yeh you have it. However gluten allergies is usually wheat barley and rye. The rice thing is a bit weird but I would recheck with them and see what they meant.

Cheers,

Tof

Rice is gluten free
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Stop eating refined white crap and processed crap and get in the gym Cardio is key but it starts with diet. Clean it up.

Only truth in this statement.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Check my diary, I eat lots of bread and enjoy rice also, to get rid of belly fat you need to lower your body fat %, you cant spot reduce areas.

Good luck :)
  • BigStevo007
    Options
    i was recently at my doctors and explained how i was on a diet to lose some stomach fat. she said that in order for me to completely lose the fat i need to give up what i love the most, rice and bread :( being my nationality (Portuguese) its soo difficult to! so what im trying to ask, is do you think she is right? do i need to get rid of those,like, completely?

I think you should just have half of that of type of food than you normaly would eat , and see how that goes for you ;-)
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You don't need to give up anything (medical issues aside)

I ate and continue to eat bread, pasta and white rice and it has never hindered me from reaching my goals (weight loss, health and fitness).
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm an advocate of the IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) style of dieting. Basically, I watch my calories and try to meet my protein goals. The hardest foods for me to fit into my macros are ones that are readily available and particularly calorie dense with little to no protein. So I try to minimize them in my diet for that reason.

Those foods are pasta, pizza, french fries, and sweets (cake/cookies). It seems bad, but once you get past those, you'll find there's still a lot of good cuisine and tasty treats out there. And I don't go completely without them. I'll skip french fries at a fast food restaurant (just order an extra sandwich instead), but if I go to a nice burger place then I'll have them.

So one thing you can try is to pick a couple of food items that are calorie-dense and not very nutrient-rich, and try to minimize them. Find something else that is a little bit better of an option and equally as convenient that can be a substitute. It's a lot better to make transitions towards a healthier, sustainable nutrition lifestyle, if they are subtle.