MOTIVATION

Options
What did some of the successful people here do for daily motivation? When I say successful, I mean a person that lost over 70 pounds or so.

Also, I'm hearing a lot of storys about how you can end up with loose skin, which I'm sure is true. Do any of you think a 17 year old boy that is 5'11 and 270 have any problems with that?

Thanks

Replies

• guroprincess
    Options
    Uh. Why do they have to have lost 70 pounds to be "successful"? Seems arbitrary.

Also, strength training helps the excess fat when you get to your gw. Someone who is 17 will have greater skin elasticity due to age as well.
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    What did some of the successful people here do for daily motivation? When I say successful, I mean a person that lost over 70 pounds or so.

Also, I'm hearing a lot of storys about how you can end up with loose skin, which I'm sure is true. Do any of you think a 17 year old boy that is 5'11 and 270 have any problems with that?

Thanks

ehhh there is alot bout this stuff Im not crazy about bro. First off the definition of success is whatever you make it to be. There are people here that have shed tears to loose 40 lbs and they deserve just as much praise as anyone else.

Now to answer your question. ideally for men loose skin is a topic I am extremely familiar with. Most guys usually see excess skin if their weight loss is more than 80lbs depending on the body type. Also what you do to loose the weight plays a huge role. For example, I lost 160lbs but i strength trained 85% of the time during my weight loss so areas that accumulate excess skin easily, like your arms your chest and your legs I actually had no problem with. But my stomach I still have some skin left but let's say if you had a gastric bypass. Well that is more on the side of starvation and when your body is in that mode it is incredibly hard for it to build muscle at the same time. The end result is leftover skin in the places I mentioned above. So that is something to be considered. I hope that helps young blood.

Cheers,

Tof
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If you need to ask that you are pretty much screwed already.
  • donjessop
    Options
    Daily Motivation?

- look in the mirror and visibly see the progress
    - look at my children and know that by losing weight I will live to see my grandchildren

You have to want to lose weight, it's as simple as that. I also don't leave a lot to chance. I have already planned tomorrows meals and even gotten almost everything ready. If you are having issues with motivation then I suggest planning. While the planning doesn't necessarily motivate you, it does make it easier to follow your new lifestyle choice. I haven't been at this very long, almost three months now, and I feel "off" when I am not following my plan. I used to have a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese meal, supersized with a Coke for lunch. Now if I miss my salad I feel that something is wrong. That is a huge psychological change for me, but, to be honest, I love it.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    It's either worth it to you to make a lasting change, or it isn't. If it's not, don't agonize over it, enjoy your life.

And weight loss doesn't have to be an arduous ordeal. I do just fine just watching the calorie bottom line. I don't do anything else, but I can manage that one thing. Good thing that's the only thing that really matters. You can do everything else "right"—exercising like a fiend, eating "healthy" foods, eating "clean" foods (whatever THAT means), staying away from whichever macronutrient is currently in vogue to avoid, etc.—but if you don't create a calorie deficit, you won't lose weight. Period. So if you can just do that, for instance by ordering three Chicken Soft Tacos Fresco Style at Taco Bell, instead of four Taco Supremes, you'll lose weight. It doesn't have to be a whole suite of lifestyle changes.