Bad break up?

Options
2»

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Take the hurt to the gym

This motivated me through my first month of going to the gym until I became accustomed to it.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm just out of one after almost 2 and a half years, not much banter! One thing that always helps me sleep is watching ASMR videos Although I don't get it myself, they are always really relaxing and I nod off quickly.

I love these too but you have to find the right one for you because otherwise some do seem rather odd. Just take a deep breath and let yourself relax while watching/listening. Just google it.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Other than that, I'd try relaxation and/or meditation. Sounds like hippie crap, but sometimes actually works.

So sorry you're going through this. I hope you come out of it a stronger person.

Here's a relaxation exercise that really works to make you fall asleep. An elderly friend told me about it. He said when he was a student at the London School of Economics during WWII and London was being bombed by the Germans, he would do this exercise to fall asleep. I've gone through it a number of times and it knocked me out, too.

Lie in bed on your back. Put your arms flat down at your side.
    Start with your feet and work your way up to your head. I like to think of this as wringing tension out of my body the way you would wring water from a towel.
    Make your left foot as tense as possible and lift a few inches off the bed. Count ten breaths, inhaling and exhaling, Then drop your foot like a bag of cement.
    Do the same thing with the right foot, tense it, lift a few inches, count ten breaths, and drop it.
    Work your way up your body one limb at a time: one foot, then the other, then each leg, butt, torso, arms, shoulders, face and scalp.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Just some "Girl Code" advice for getting over a guy. :smile:

De6sMsv.png
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just some "Girl Code" advice for getting over a guy. :smile:

De6sMsv.png

That made me laugh haha! It'll be a while before that happens yet :) I had a bit more success today, I managed to get to sleep for another 2 hours after I fell asleep at 6. I usually sleep with background noise to be honest. Thanks for the kind messages guys!
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    Know that feel bro.
    All the usual stuff which other people have probably already suggested: avoid stimulants (e.g. caffeine etc.) and exercise.
    But it's pretty normal when you are under stressful times to not sleep as much, but as time goes on you should feel a little better bit by bit, and therefore sleep better.
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Have you tried masterbating?? It helps me sleep when I am alone.......LOL
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sweet One, You are 19, it isn't the worse thing in the world, although it seems like it now. Sleeping pills isn't the answer, they are habit forming. Excersise is a great way to be able to sleep. Also get out and do things. let your friends become a bigger part of your life. You will be fine!! You are a beautifull girl. You won't be alone for long.
    Get into a good workout routine. all will be fine

Basil
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm just out of one after almost 2 and a half years, not much banter! One thing that always helps me sleep is watching ASMR videos Although I don't get it myself, they are always really relaxing and I nod off quickly.

I love these too but you have to find the right one for you because otherwise some do seem rather odd. Just take a deep breath and let yourself relax while watching/listening. Just google it.
    I became conscious while watching a video with someone calling me a pizza, I was like wtf haha!