6-Minute Fat Blaster

Research shows that quick bursts of vigorous exercise like these high-powered moves from Tracey Mallett, author of Sexy in 6, can rev calorie burn for hours.
By Natalie Gingerich, Prevention

0:00-1:00 Bouncing Shuffle: Squat slightly with elbows bent at sides. Shuffle left to right for 4 counts each.

1:00-1:30 Jog in place

1:30-2:30 Speed Skate: Hop from side to side, swinging opposite leg behind you and arms in the direction you're moving.

2:30-3:00 Jog in place

3:00-4:00 Knee Crunch: Lunge with left knee bent, right leg extended behind you, arms to front at shoulder height. Bend right knee and pull toward chest as you crunch upper body toward right knee (as shown); extend back to lunge. Switch legs after 30 seconds.

4:00-4:30 Jog in place

4:30-5:30 Jump Squat: Twist Squat with feet hip-width apart, hands behind head. Rotate torso to left and right, then jump, hands overhead. Land with knees soft and repeat.

5:30-6:00 Jog in place

http://health.msn.com/fitness/womens-fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100200148

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Research shows that quick bursts of vigorous exercise like these high-powered moves from Tracey Mallett, author of Sexy in 6, can rev calorie burn for hours.
    By Natalie Gingerich, Prevention

0:00-1:00 Bouncing Shuffle: Squat slightly with elbows bent at sides. Shuffle left to right for 4 counts each.

1:00-1:30 Jog in place

1:30-2:30 Speed Skate: Hop from side to side, swinging opposite leg behind you and arms in the direction you're moving.

2:30-3:00 Jog in place

3:00-4:00 Knee Crunch: Lunge with left knee bent, right leg extended behind you, arms to front at shoulder height. Bend right knee and pull toward chest as you crunch upper body toward right knee (as shown); extend back to lunge. Switch legs after 30 seconds.

4:00-4:30 Jog in place

4:30-5:30 Jump Squat: Twist Squat with feet hip-width apart, hands behind head. Rotate torso to left and right, then jump, hands overhead. Land with knees soft and repeat.

5:30-6:00 Jog in place

http://health.msn.com/fitness/womens-fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100200148
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    We do this routine in my cardio kick boxing class as a warm up. Fantastic way to aid in weight loss and is great cardio.