WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2013

Options

Replies

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello - managed to get the computer working (in a fashion) to check in. it's got so bad that I have ordered a new lap top from a mail order catalogue! Hubby downloads all sorts of things and then wonders why we keep getting viruses etc that cause it to slow down. It's driving me mad, pop ups every few seconds and if you try to delete them, they load anyway :explode: :explode: :angry:

:ohwell: Deep breathe - keep calm!

:smile: It's getting quite cold here now, so I've had to dig out my thick jumpers to go on the early morning dog walk, DD had to defrost her car to get to work on Thursday. This is not the best time of year for me, I tend to curl up in front of the fire and become a slug all through winter:frown: It is an effort for me to go outdoors unless I really need to.

:flowerforyou: I've started my Christmas shopping, I do quite a bit on line, but I do enjoy going into the city centre seeing all the Christmas lights etc and I like the atmosphere. I love Christmas. This year DS and family are coming over to ours for Christmas Dinner, they are vegetarians so I usually buy a Quorn Roast for them, but if anyone has some vegetarian recipes I'd love to hear from you. It would be nice to surprise them with plenty of vegetarian food for them to eat and drink.

:ohwell: Still catching up with posts, but I've read the last few pages :flowerforyou: Sylvia glad you have recovered from you cardiac procedure.
    :flowerforyou: Michele it's good of you to send coupons and foil to the Humane Society. I try to do my bit too for the animals I collect used stamps for a horse charity - I know you do a lot of good work always cooking and giving to various good causes.
    :flowerforyou: Sorry can't go back to check on your name, but the kind person who bought gloves for the lady in front of her at the check out - the world needs more people like you

Think I'd better go, computer getting slower and slower - Have a good day everyone :heart:

Viv York UK
  • tazgirl1960
    tazgirl1960 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

:smile: DeeDee--Thank you, and I am sorry for your loss, I'm glad you have family to help you thru. We will be in NC in another week, it's so Beautiful there, I love the mountains. When I was small we lived in Miami and would go to WV every year on vacation to visit my Mom's Family I was (and still am) in awe of the mountains.:heart:

:smile: Heather--I love reading your post, you make the most wonderful dishes. Your granbaby is just beautiful, My oldest grandson was born in England, he is 15 now & they say once he turns 18 he has to give up dual citizenship.

:smile: bj--Enjoy that grandbaby.!! It's a lesson that comes slowly to some that if we listened & did it properly the 1st time things would go much smoother, Good Luck in your teaching.

:smile: yanniejannie--10 meals, thats awesome!

:smile: Grandmallie--I've never had the flu shot, but I did get the shingles a couple of years ago, most painful thing I've ever had, but I've never taken the shot for it. Glad you were able to get some rest.

:smile: Pat (Phoo)--I'm sorry your having such a rough time, Prayers & Hugs your way.:flowerforyou:

:smile: Jane--Awesome willpower on those cookies.

:smile: Sylvia--Glad they found the blockage and your on your way to recovery.

:smile: Rita, Enjoy the time with your Family.

:smile: Joyce--Yeah on smaller gown & new sweatshirt size!

:smile: Barbie--Glad your healing.

:smile: Michele--Apple pie sounds wonderful. How do you make crust w/o lard or crisco?

Hope everyone has a Blessed & Wonderful Day :flowerforyou:

Tina in Florida
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!:love:

Viv - I would look on bbcgoodfood to find some veggie recipies. I look for things that I can make ahead and freeze. I know we made the chickpea burgers one year for a vegetarian that didn't eat mushrooms. We made them spicy for him as he likes chilli!:laugh: The probably have Christmas veggie recipies, but I hate fiddling around at the last minute, so always like to prepare ahead.

Michele and bjmcq - I'm with you in students getting what they work for and no special pleading. My boys still hold it against me that I would not give them a present for their exams or graduation as I said that they should be grateful for their natural intelligence and not expect to be rewarded for something that is a privilege! :laugh: :tongue: :wink: It would be different if they had struggled and worked really hard.
    I even refused to go to my own graduation as I felt the same way about my own gifts.:noway: I even got married and went on honeymoon in order to have a good excuse for avoiding it! :embarassed:
    I think nowdays I would just enjoy it. Any excuse for a party!:drinker:

Sylvia - can I add my voice to the chorus of happiness that your op was successful.:flowerforyou:

Deedee - sorry that you have such a hole in your life from the death of your husband. I know you love your grandchildren, but it is not the same, I know.:heart:

Kathy - I love your RAKs.:flowerforyou: Great results in exams and sizes!

Joyce - how great to be able to cross THAT off your list for a long time!:tongue:

Susan - I am a great bruiser, but I always have been and so was my mother. I can never go on holiday without ending up with bruises on my shins from suitcases, bed corners etc. Most of the time I don't even know I've done it!

Katla - most of the time I don't post recipes if they are not slimming. When I am cooking for guests I am less restrictive on calories. If I find a good one that is low in cals I like to tell people.

Yanniejannie - I am always so impressed by your charity work. Trying to get money or gifts out of people is my idea of hell! You are a marvel!:flowerforyou:

Kayakkutie - When I was a teenager I was completely obsessed by the cowboy programmes on TV. And I mean OBSESSED! My favourite was Gunslinger. I still can sing the whole of the theme tune!

Rita - what a lot of upheaval and stress you have been through. You must be strong! That Italian food sounds good!

Pat - hold on! Those autumn blues are awful. I used to have then every year and two years running I called the Samaritans. I used to dread Christmas and all the celebrations. When you are low the prospect of enforced jollity is horrible! This too shall pass.:flowerforyou:

DH is having a patch of night time panicking again. He has had two bad nights. It could be the time of year, as his partner and dad died around now, but more likely it is the prospect of our guests arriving next week. I have noticed that he finds it very difficult to have men staying in the house. He doesn't articulate this, but I thought it helpful to point it out and he agreed. He hates his routine upset, but he also said he fears men "judging" him. Wow! Must be a throw back to his dad. Our guest is a particuarly masculine man. He is better with more feminine, sensitive men, but almost any people he doesn't know really well disturb him. Mostly he just worries about worrying and has no idea what has set him off. Dr Heather has to do the detective work! :wink:

OK girls, I've got to finish my weights. I did extra on the bike today, so I will just pump up my arms! ! !

Love Heather, with lots of laundry to do in sunny Hampshire UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    morning my friends,
    I slept 10 and a 1/2 hrs, i must have needed it, had my lemon water and am icing my heel and having some greek yogurt, then I will race walk..
    well i have gained about 3 lbs over the last few weeks , im guessing it is sodium and not enough clean food, so back on track.. it is real tough around the holidays,but I will do it, this chickie is not giving up!!!!
  • donnavollmerbosley
    Options
    Goodmorning new to this Board,

Found out two weeks ago my blood work is not good high cholesterol, sugar, triglycerides and blood pressure. Time to get this weight off. I have a very stressful job and it doesn't help me stay on task. I'm hoping to gain support form you women to stay on task and get at least 50 lbs. off. I have achieved 10% of my goal in two weeks . I know motivation is the key.
    November goals:
    Exercise 30 min 5/week
    drink 64oz of water

Donna , upstate NY
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Sylvia :smile: So glad it`s over and done and you`re on the road to recovery:flowerforyou: !!! I echo everyone about going to the larger hospital. Wishing you a speedy recovery:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: !!!

Bj :smile: Hope you had a nice time with your new granddaughter!

Yanniejannie :smile: Congrats on getting 10 meal vouchers, that`s fantastic:bigsmile: !!!!

Katla :smile: Hope the homeowners meeting went well, you are on the board there, aren’t you?

Jb in OR :smile: So glad you`re feeling better:flowerforyou: !!! Hope the teaching all afternoon didn`t wear you out! Hoof nippers for your toenails…lol:laugh: :laugh: !!!

Tina in Maryland :smile: Asheville is one of my favorite places, it`s about a 2 ½ to 3 hour drive from me, the mountains are absolutely beautiful:love: ! The beach is about 3 to 3 ½ hours away. I do love living here:heart: !!! Hickory is close to where Michele lives! Congrats on your NSV, it`s always nice to complimented on our weight loss!

Pat (Phoo) :smile: I know about the scale going the wrong way:angry: …hang in here, we`ll be right here to support you! Hope you have a nice time at the craft fair today and that you sell all of your cards. I bet they are beautiful!! Stay safe!!!!

Jane Martin :smile: Congrats on you NSV…not even a bite of the cookie….woo hoo:bigsmile: !!!

Pat C in Ohio :smile: Oh I hate plateaus:grumble: , I`ve been in one for a loooong time:explode: !!! I just keep going though, surely one day the scale will go in the right direction!!! Congrats on the non elastic waist smaller pants, YAY:bigsmile: !!!! I open a word doc. and type my responses as I go along, don`t worry about posting to everyone, sometimes we just don`t have the time, Jusr pop in and let us know how you`re doing!

Rita :smile: What a nice celebration!!! Yes, slow and steady wins the race!!!

Margaretturk :smile: A nice cup of tea in the in the afternoon sounds fabulous!!!

Grandmallie :smile: How wonderful if you could get off all the meds!!! I take a thyroid pill every morning and I will have to take it the rest of my life, however that`s the only thing I have to take!!! Hope you enjoy the weekend off!!

Joyce :smile: Congrats on not needing a “big girl” hospital gown:bigsmile: !!! Oh your sweatshirt is too big too…YAY:bigsmile: !!!

Juanita :smile: Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Alicia :smile: You`re doing so well, logging everything you eat and increasing your water:bigsmile: , keep it up my friend!!!

Barbie :smile: So glad you and Jake had a nice birthday meal! Good for you taking care of yourself while you`re line dancing! Please be extra careful walking the doggies:flowerforyou: !

Michele :smile: Apple pie sounds nice! My favorite pie is cherry:love: , the Fresh Market makes a cherry pie with no sugar added (sometimes), it`s so good, very tart instead of being so overly sweet! I don`t think I`ve ever seen outdoor decorations at Salem Creek, but I`ve really not looked for them. They have beautiful ornaments, trees and little villages, rugs, pillows, dishes, furniture, food. I just get lost everytime I go in there:love: . My snow family came from there last year, I don`t know if they are indoor only or not.

Viv :smile: Deep breathe. I hate it when my computer get slow, means I need to tend to problems when that happens:grumble: ! It`s easy to be a slug in the winter time, I know, I would much rather be warm than cold! I have found though that I walk faster when it`s cold outside, I just go out and get it done!

Tina in FL :smile: Where are you going to be in NC, I live in Winston Salem. Hope you have a good weekend!

Heather :smile: You are such a good cook, I love hearing about all you prepare:love: , I swear some days I can just taste it:laugh: !!! Hope DH feels better soon, is he still on the meds. that were helping before?

Donna in NY :smile: Welcome!!! Come in often!! This is a great group of supportive women! Getting the extra weight off will hopefully get your blood work to better numbers!!! Several ladies have had great luck in that dept.!!!

Grandmallie :smile: Another good night of sleeping!!! Your body must have really needed it:yawn: ! The 3 pounds are probably sodium, I find when I consume too much the scale goes up, and then it feels like it takes forever to get it off, increase your water and see if that helps!

I didn`t get to Salem Creek yesterday, in fact I didn`t leave the house except to take the dog out for a walk:grumble: . I got caught up on all the computer work I really needed to do, sat so long my behind got numb:tongue: ! However, it`s done and I don`t have to worry about it any more:bigsmile: ! Today I`m meeting a friend for coffee and might do a bit more Christmas shopping.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in cloudy and a bit rainy NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    1377171_605107956197907_1470013895_n.jpg

A lot of us are doing a plank as part of our exercise routine, so I thought it would be helpful to share this picture that I found on a thread that is a plank a day challenge.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1137472-benefits-of-plank-exercise?hl=plank#posts-17684068
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    I just read this post before coming to our group. She sets out quite the challenge. She starts at 20 seconds and builds to 270 sec. or 4 and a half minutes by the end of the month. You take a break every 6-7 days.
    Goal add this to my routiine.:smile:
    1377171_605107956197907_1470013895_n.jpg

A lot of us are doing a plank as part of our exercise routine, so I thought it would be helpful to share this picture that I found on a thread that is a plank a day challenge.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1137472-benefits-of-plank-exercise?hl=plank#posts-17684068
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy sat.
    Welcome to Donna,and others I may have missed.:flowerforyou:
    Hubby is finally off the whole week-end.
    HUGS:heart::heart:
    jane
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Happy Sat from grey, blah Oregon :yawn:

Ahh yes, the plank. I was up to 50 seconds at one point, had to stop doing them and push ups, too, in order to let my shoulder heal. I tripped and fell in the backyard a couple years ago, plopped right down on my right side, bonking my head as well, ouch. My shoulder is much, much better now, so maybe I can start again by doing a little strength work every day. Yoga, oh yeah, I need that, too. Winter time's the time to stir up the strength pot. Reminding myself that squats and lunges have nothing to do with the shoulder. :laugh:

Alicia, water report, please! :bigsmile: How'd you do yesterday? Oh, I noticed you're from Boise! I lived in Sandpoint for years and years. Spent a little time in Boise, too.

Welcome, Donna. :smile: 10% of goal already, great! Keep it up! Nose to the grindstone. You'll feel sooo much better.

Uh oh, did someone mention PIE?? :noway: Apple, cherry......oh boy now I'm thinking about all of those berries I have in the freezer! Today might be a good day to make some boysenberry tarts. I could make a small batch, right? Right. And I could control myself and only eat ONE. Right? Right. :tongue:

I wanted something sweet last night in the worst way. :huh: Made popcorn instead since there's not a single sugary thing in this house. Ate half an apple, too. Finally went to bed and forgot about eating.

Remember the Salad Sistas? :flowerforyou: Big salad every day, lots of chopped vegs on top and maybe some feta. I miss having them, time to rekindle the flame! Mixing up a nice batch of olive oil/balsamic vinaigrette is on my to do list this morning.

Great day to all!

:smile: jb in Portland
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce: I am always thankful for my electronic toys. I never would have imagined that would be true. They allow me to stay connected with friends and family who are far away and also to MFP, for which I am VERY grateful. I have appreciated your daily gratitude messages this month. :flowerforyou: Congratulations on your wonderful NSVs. Smaller clothes have been my best rewards for staying disciplined and taking off the weight. They prove it is working in ways the scale can’t match.:noway: :bigsmile:

Sylvia: Congratulations on a successful procedure. I hope you’ll soon be enjoying all of your favorite activities. I’m glad the doctor and hospital staff were so good to you.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Michele: I remember my own transition from high school to college. It is tough going from being a child at home to a student living miles away in a dorm. I saw a lot of kids wash out because they weren’t ready. I think Community Colleges are a huge help in this transition for many of the less mature high school graduates as well as for those who need a less costly option. Public school teachers bend over backwards to help kids succeed and often find ways to soften failing grades as an effort at encouragement. They also give chance after chance to make things up. The truth is, letting a kid fail even if they are doing no work results in furious parents and a great deal of stress. This doesn’t commonly happen at the college level, except maybe in the case of varsity athletes.:flowerforyou:

Viv: You and Heather are way ahead on the Christmas gifts. I’m still wondering. DD and DDIL have both helpfully given suggestions, which is a blessing.:flowerforyou:

Heather: Sending peaceful, healing & confident thoughts to your DH.:flowerforyou:

Donna upstate NY: Welcome. I think of this group as giving “lifestyle change” support. The changes we make need to be permanent. They’ve helped me immeasurably in the last year.:flowerforyou:

DeeDee: I was all ready to go for the homeowners meeting, but it doesn’t actually happen for a couple of weeks. I had my dates mixed up. :laugh: I did give a copy of my work to the President and asked that it be discussed. DH is on the homeowners board, but I am not. I’m on the Marina board. There are lots of boards around here.:tongue::flowerforyou:

Barbie: Thanks for posting he plank photo and link. I’ve been very flaky in the plank department, and seeing the muscle groups it affects is giving me a needed boost in motivation.:flowerforyou:

Joanie in Portland: Last February I injured my right shoulder when I was dragged down the steps by an out of control recycle bin. Luckily this happened on my way home from yoga, and I was very flexible at the time of the fall. I think that reduced the amount of damage. And there was definitely damage. I can still feel it.:flowerforyou:

We are off to look at a Wonder Horse that is vintage 1978. DD wants one for DGD. I hope it looks as good as its picture. The seller told me that each of her grandchildren was injured once riding it, but not seriously. That is giving me more than a moment’s consideration.:huh:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

November goals:
    1. Log every bite
    2. Focus on fitness: cardio and strength every week
    3. Drink 3 or more glasses of water daily
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday morning. I have lost track of things the last several days so just going to post and then I will go back and catch up. Great news they got my house done!!:flowerforyou: My dad went home on Thursday and is doing well, found out he lost the sight in one eye from the stroke and doctors not sure if it will come back or not. But he is home and that is the important part.
    Then my week went to :sad: Thursday afternoon I was picking my 5 year old grand daughter up from school for DS. Coming back to my house a guy ran a red light and hit us. My car is totaled. We were very lucky as all I have is burns on my hands from the air bags and sore neck. Paytn has marks on her neck from the seat belt and sore on her side. I never even seen the guy until after he hit us. Thank God there were atleast three wittness that said he never slowed down. I was so upset at the time as worried about Paytn and she was so scared. They had to flat bed both cars as they could not be towed. I had an older car that was made of steel not fiaberglass. Police officer said if I would of had smaller car we would of been hurt alot worse. But that was my only car. So yesterday I call my insurance company and they tell me that until I get the report they can not do anything. I tell them the other guy was at fault and he was ticketed. Well long story short I got the report and faxed to my insurance and all the sudden they cant seem to do enough. Anyway I told them I needed a rental and the other guys insurance should pay for it. So I have a rental until they get this figured out. Then yesterday the young guy that hit me called me twice. The first time I was at work and couldn't talk I told him we were banged up but fine and that I was upset about not having a car. he says to me well I have great insurance just call them and they will sit you up. Ok, then last evening he calls me again and says how bad he feels and how when Paytn got out of the car and was crying how it broke his heart. Then he tells me he has sent me a letter telling me all about him and the depression he has been going thur this last year. He also tells me both times he called that he was trying to find a place to turn around and never seen the stop light. I guess I am just confused about what he wants me to do. He ran the light and hit me. I am the one with burns and burises and a grand daughter that was scared and has marks on her neck. Also I did not know that when air bags go off they burn you and really mess with your throat, mine has been really sore. Well thanks for listening and I am planning for a great weekend off just to relax and get back on track.
    Welcome to all the new ladies, come back often and get to know us.Slyvia been thinking about you and pray all went well with your cath yesterday. Like I said I will take time later today and read and catch up.
    Blessed! Vicki GI NE
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Vicki - just tell the guy that you are not going to talk to him and the insurance are dealing with it all. He shouldn't be calling you, especially if he has been ticketed. That could be a criminal offence - influencing witnesses. Be strong!:flowerforyou:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Vicki: City Jane has given good advice, but I'll add a suggestion. Document his calls; time, date, and general content. If he quits there is no harm in keeping records but if he continues you'll be able to get help from the authorities or possibly your insurance company. Take care of your body for the next while and notice things if they are wrong. Sometimes injuries show up several days later. :flowerforyou:
  • AnneCarolOne
    AnneCarolOne Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A word of advice if I may! There are protocols when dealing with injuries- even minor ones. Let the insurance and possibly court handle this. Don't be telling him that you were just shaken up. n fact, don't tell him or his insurance agent anything. The fact is that you were both injured and your granddaughter was traumatized. Let your insurance handle it and notify them that he is calling you repeatedly!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Vicki that is so terrible. I agree that you shouldn't be talking to this young man. You never know what his motive is in this. Since this was his fault I am sure that his insurance is going to get a huge hit and he may be trying to get on your good side, telling you about his depression, his feelings when he saw the little girl. He's not wanting you to sue or ask for a settlement. He is wanting you to like him, to feel sorry for HIM. I would let your insurance know that you are getting calls from him and the nature of them.

I think I ordered almost the last of my Christmas shopping today. I still need to find a pair of cowboy boots for my youngest grand daughter. She is wearing her big sisters shoes and the zipper is bad. I've never done this and it's kind of fun. The place I ordered from today, Justice, didn't ahve any deal on free shipping or ship to store like the other places but did have a coupon code for 50% off. The 50% off sale starts Tuesday in the stores but I'm glad I have got it done. Both my grand daughters need their own suitcase so I got those for both and for the older one I ordered matching rain boots and umbrella. The boots and umbrella are a multi collored zebra and the suitcase is the typical zebra but with a big pink heart on it. They also have a matching duffel bag if they ever need that. I think there is also a matching back pack. As you can tell, I love Justice. It is geared towards middle school aged girls so I don't have to worry about the clothes being out of my comfort range as a Grandma. They all have this little pink heart on them somewhere and you know you are 'it' if you go to school with jeans that have a little pink heart on the pocket. I'm just glad they have a Grandma and aunt, on their Dad's side, that don't mind spending a little extra money on them. The cost isn't that bad since a lot of times you get Justice bucks along with it.

I went to nursing school at a hospital based nursing school. That was back in the days when they offered a 'Diploma degree'. It's more than an associate but less than a bachelors degree. You start out on the nursing units the first week interacting with patients. Since it is hospital based you don't take any of the extra classes they take for a bachelors degree. You only take courses that have anything to do with nursing. The city was about 10 miles from where I lived. I didn't go home every weekend since I wanted the whole college experience. But I knew that Mom and Dad were right there. I don't know how much you all had to pay for your college education. I'm sure it is a fraction of what they pay now. But it was $700/year which included room and board, linens were washed once a week, all the food we wanted in the hospital cafeteria. I had a scholarship that paid $100/year and then the government had a program at time that if I worked at certain hospitals for a certain amount of years the loan was paid off. So I paid nothing except my humility when I flunked OB and had to take it over again. But it made me what I am today and if I had graduated in June with all the others I wouldn't have started in orientation on that day in November the same day as my future husband did. Would I have never met him??? I will never know. God had His hand in it.

Sylvia, how are you today!!!!!

Joyce, Indiana
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is enjoying their sat.
    New pic is my youngest GD-Leah who turned 1 last month.
    HUGS:heart::heart: :heart:
    jane
  • margaretturk
    Options
    [I agree with those who tell you not to talk to him. It needs to be handled by the insurance companies. Take care sometimes injuries do not always show up right away. You need to protect yourself and grand daughter. The person who hit you will need to deal with his own consequences. You are not his sounding board. I agree stay strong. Take care.uote]
    Good Saturday morning. I have lost track of things the last several days so just going to post and then I will go back and catch up. Great news they got my house done!!:flowerforyou: My dad went home on Thursday and is doing well, found out he lost the sight in one eye from the stroke and doctors not sure if it will come back or not. But he is home and that is the important part.
    Then my week went to :sad: Thursday afternoon I was picking my 5 year old grand daughter up from school for DS. Coming back to my house a guy ran a red light and hit us. My car is totaled. We were very lucky as all I have is burns on my hands from the air bags and sore neck. Paytn has marks on her neck from the seat belt and sore on her side. I never even seen the guy until after he hit us. Thank God there were atleast three wittness that said he never slowed down. I was so upset at the time as worried about Paytn and she was so scared. They had to flat bed both cars as they could not be towed. I had an older car that was made of steel not fiaberglass. Police officer said if I would of had smaller car we would of been hurt alot worse. But that was my only car. So yesterday I call my insurance company and they tell me that until I get the report they can not do anything. I tell them the other guy was at fault and he was ticketed. Well long story short I got the report and faxed to my insurance and all the sudden they cant seem to do enough. Anyway I told them I needed a rental and the other guys insurance should pay for it. So I have a rental until they get this figured out. Then yesterday the young guy that hit me called me twice. The first time I was at work and couldn't talk I told him we were banged up but fine and that I was upset about not having a car. he says to me well I have great insurance just call them and they will sit you up. Ok, then last evening he calls me again and says how bad he feels and how when Paytn got out of the car and was crying how it broke his heart. Then he tells me he has sent me a letter telling me all about him and the depression he has been going thur this last year. He also tells me both times he called that he was trying to find a place to turn around and never seen the stop light. I guess I am just confused about what he wants me to do. He ran the light and hit me. I am the one with burns and burises and a grand daughter that was scared and has marks on her neck. Also I did not know that when air bags go off they burn you and really mess with your throat, mine has been really sore. Well thanks for listening and I am planning for a great weekend off just to relax and get back on track.
    Welcome to all the new ladies, come back often and get to know us.Slyvia been thinking about you and pray all went well with your cath yesterday. Like I said I will take time later today and read and catch up.
    Blessed! Vicki GI NE
    [/quote]
  • margaretturk
    Options
    I don't know what happened to the quote box I was responding to Vikil57. So sorry you have to go through the hassle of an accident. Glad you and grand daughter not too seriously hurt.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello my dear Vitamin F ladies. I have been unable to keep up with all the posts. I guess I am pretending to be too busy :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I have been going to jazzercise 3 x week, and have signed up for 2 more months, which gives me the flexibility to take in any of their classes. Saturday mornings yoga therapeutic has been good as well. I do feel I need to do yoga more often. I could do it at home, but I know myself that I am unlikely to do that. It is just not typical for me to do floor exercises on my own, which so much of yoga is. I hate getting down to the floor, but once I'm on the mat I am liking it. I double up on the mats for softness, otherwise it is too hard on my back.

I had an ergo assessment at work yesterday as I had requested. This is the first step in getting my desk replaced by one that can move up and down, so that I can do part of my work standing, as long periods of sitting is really bad for my back. And since I have a sitting job, well...you can fill in the blanks. So, we will see how long all this will take. But at least the process has started.

Laundry is in the washing machine and now I have to do bookkeeping for DH business. See, more sitting work on the weekend. Darn! :grumble: :grumble: On the other hand, I feel I am doing a good thing by having signed up for fitness classes. So there. I better get off the PC

Have a great weekend, dear Vitamin F ladies

:heart: Renny
    from grey, windy and wet Vancouver Island, BC