You are the FAT beneath my wings.

Options
Okay, so I have this only disgust on my arms. I have NO...I repeat...NO UPPER BODY STRENGTH! I have no clue what excercise to use, but I have read that depending on the upper body work out...you can decrease breast size. And I'm pretty sure I don't want to fall into an A or B...bras are just to expensive.

So, does anyone have any ideas? ;(

I'll probably won't be picky if I really want to lose this weight. Everything is worth a shot, right? ;D <3<3

Replies

• Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Specific exercises should not decrease breast size. But, when we lose fat through burning calories it is possible to decrease breast size since we do not choose where our bodies take the fat from!
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Triceps kick backs, overhead extensions, push ups, pull ups (challenge yourself, find a friend to assist you, and work up to a goal of 'this many' unassisted). But you have to get your body fat percentage down too.

Everyone's boobs get smaller with weight-loss and when they become more 'fit,' however--how much better will those boobs look accented by strong tone arms and a flat strong belly!!!

:)
    I was looking at my mom's arms the other day (she is 67) and wow are they flabby. Then I looked at mine. Ouch. My goal is to reduce overall body fat percentage and then tighten up the loose spots.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options

Everyone's boobs get smaller with weight-loss and when they become more 'fit,' however--how much better will those boobs look accented by strong tone arms and a flat strong belly!!!

Not mine! I lost 25 lbs before the 15 I lost here and lost nothing from the boobs. Funny thing is...I wouldn't actually mind them a tad bit smaller!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes, pushups are easy and you can do them at home... you will need to start with "girl" pushups first. That's where you do pushups on your knees. Then, you work up to doing pushups on your toes.

Add some biceps curls to the other suggested exercises from Garbrielled. Adding in shoulder exercises will help as well... pressing weights above your head or raising your arms while holding hand weights. Look up pictures on the internet for shoulder press, deltoid raises, upright rows.

If you don't go to a gym or have handweights, you can use full water bottles to start out with. Swimming is also a great upperbody workout and fun to do!

Do you have cable tv? If you have the "on demand" option, there are some free workouts on there in the fitness section.

And it is true, you can't target where you are going to lose your fat from. You may or may not lose some boob size. But, you shouldn't neglect your upperbody just to avoid that.
  • summersk
    summersk Posts: 59
    Options
    To quote Denise Austin, "Triceps are the must under used muscle of the female body." "Flabby" arms result from a lack of muscle on the back of the arms, better known as our triceps. The best way to reduce flabby arms is to increase triceps strength. I'm working on that myself right now :grumble: , and it is not easy nor is it fun:noway: , But I WILL NOT have flabby arms any longer!!!!! :bigsmile: Use the exercises that Gabrielled mentioned earlier, that should reduce the flab! Good luck. :smile:
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I want to add that I was suggesting things to increase upperbody strength; not just targetting the flabby underarms. But, I do believe that you need to balance the muscles in the arms... don't ONLY do tricep exercises; you should do triceps AND biceps. You don't want to be soft in the front and firm in the back of the arm.
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options

Not mine! I lost 25 lbs before the 15 I lost here and lost nothing from the boobs. Funny thing is...I wouldn't actually mind them a tad bit smaller!

Lucky you! I went from a C after my babies were born to barely a B, but I would rather be this size.